16

"Hi, is this Lathan?" The unknown caller asked. "Yes." I answered "Hi baby I miss you so much," My mom exclaimed on the other side of the phone. "Mom! I miss you so much right now. Guess what though."

"What?" She asked me "I got adopted, sorta'." "That's good, I got some news too." She started. "What is it?" "I sold the house, and I'm transferring my bank accounts into your name so you'll have some money! Look, I want this money to be saved, not spent. Saved!"

"Yes ma'am." "Anyways, who adopted you?" She asked. "You remember my friend Ian, yea he adopted me." After that, we stayed on the phone for 3 more minutes before it cut off her line.

I went straight to sleep so I can go to school tomorrow. 

I walked into school and went to class, Ian adopting me made me feel better I actually try on the work now. "Hey Mosey," Asia said as she sat down, 20 minutes late. "Hey" I replied back to her. "You going to that party tonight?" I nodded. "Do you have a costume?" "Nope, do you?"

"Nope." She said popping the p. I feel like she's anticipating asking me something. "Are you asking me something?" I asked her. "Do you want to go costume shopping with me?" She asked. I'm not gonna lie, after she broke up with Ian we kinda stopped hanging out. "Sure," I said putting on a fake smile.

Don't get me wrong, getting adopted did make me feel better like I said earlier, but I still feel depressed and alone. "Good, I kind of just want you to see my new car!" She exclaimed.

At lunchtime, I went straight to the counselor's office as usual. "Hi, Lathan" Ms. Rita greeted me as I sat down. "Hi Ms. Rita" I greeted her back. "you seem happier today, anything new?" She asked. "Well, you know my friend Ian, he became my foster parent, so that made me happier, and I talked to my mom last night, she sold our house and gave me all our money, to save of course," I answered her. 

"Ok, I brought you lunch," she said, placing a McDonald's bag on the table. "Thank you." I smiled, not even thinking about reaching for the food. Ms. Rita, waited until I grabbed the bag, but she got hopeless after a minute and continued talking.

"So, about this Livestream yesterday..." She pulled up her phone, which showed TSR's screen recording of my Livestream. "Mateo would beat on me whenever I said stop or I tried to run away from him. That's why my face was always hidden by jackets when going outside." Came from the phone before she muted it.

"Did you tell anyone about, everything you talked about on this steam before?" She asked me. "No" I answered putting my head down. I thought about telling her that it was a lie and I was just getting back at him for lying on me, but what if she tells someone?

"Ok, why didn't you?" She asked me. "As I said on the stream, he was going to kill me. I was scared for my life, and I still am, Look, Ms. Rita, I don't want to talk about it anymore." I answered her, forming tears in my eyes. "Ok, I just wanted you to know that you could have told me."

After a silent moment, she asked a new question. "Do you still feel like you wanna kill yourself?" She asked abruptly, which almost caused me to choke on air. "Yes, now more than ever, even though I have a foster parent, what if the foster agency takes me away because they somehow find him unfit or something, I'm constantly thinking the worst of every situation and sometimes I feel that the only way out is to die," I explained to her in one breath. "Hm, ok," she hummed.

"It's class time, here is a pass, bye" she dismissed me. How the fuck did I just admit to wanting to die and you dismiss me like that? Fuck you, Ms. Rita!

I get to class, late of course. "Why are you late?" The teacher asked when I walked into 6th hour. "I fucked your mom in the hallway," I said, keeping a straight face and handing him a late pass. He took a deep breath. "Go to your seat."

I finished the work easily, It's probably not right, but who gives a flying fuck? Not me.

~

"Ian, I'm going shopping with Asia for the party tonight, I'll get dropped off later," I said to him as I found him, waiting for me around the door. I started to walk away but he started talking. "Little boy, who said you could go? Did you ask me? No! Who said you going to that damn party either?" My mouth dropped so wide you could fit a size 15 shoe in there. People around us started looking like "wtf"

"What the fuck Ian?" "Look my mom said I have to be a real parent if I'm doing this, or I have to send you back, So I'm being a real parent, plus if something happens to you like you dying, I could go to jail." He explained. "You can go, but I have to meet this Asia first." He explained, following me to Asia's car. I rolled my eyes at least 20 times.

"Hey, Mosey! Why is he following you?" I sighed for the 50th time.  "So you the lil' girl taking my child shopping?" He started. I facepalmed at these words coming out of this man's mouth.

"Um... Child? And yes, we going for costumes" She said to him. Ian bent down to whisper in my ear. "She looks a lil fast" motioning his eyes to her stomach, which isn't even showing yet. "Ian go home!" I exclaimed to him. "It's dad to you, and ok, be home by-" I cut him off. "BYEE"

I got in Asia's car and we drove off. "What the fuck is all that about?" I started explaining all this. We pulled up to a party city, they did not have shit! which was expected because it's literally the day of Halloween.

Asia found a sexy devil costume that she was going to make into her own. I found myself a Docter costume. I bought gloves, fake blood, and a fake heart.

I got dropped off at 5 pm and I took my stuff in the fix it up, got to make the best of nothin'.

I splattered blood all over the costume and the gloves. I tore it up some, and cut some holes in it, to make it look distressed. I splattered blood on a surgical mask and glasses to wear too.

Around 8 it was time to leave, so I put my costume on and I and Ian took pictures. He was dressed as Micheal Jackson, but almost a whole foot taller.

~

As soon as we walked in I disappeared to find something to do. I found some punch and drank it, I could taste the alcohol in it, but it tastes good so I got a full cup to drink.

Soon one cup turned to two, two turned to five, five turned to ten, and ten turned into something because I don't remember anything after the tenth one.

What do yall think happened after the tenth cup?

Do you think Ian acting like this will affect their friendship?

Why hasn't Mateo said anything about Mosey's Livestream yet?