24

I woke up and turned on the radio, They were talking about a foster child that ran away, or me.

I decided that today I would just go and see if I can stay with Jules, Ameri, and Golden.

I drove to the house I once stayed in and walked up to the porch. I left Moses in the car with it on, just in case they say no or something. I hesitated before knocking on the door. Once I built up the courage I finally knocked and Jules opened the door. "Hey, your back?" He asked. "Yea... Can I stay for a while?"

"Sure, bring your stuff, actually. GOLDEN! COME GET THESE BAGS!" he screamed up the stairs.

When Golden came down and saw me his eyes widened. "Hey..." He said, scratching his head through his afro. 

I grabbed Moses and his baby stuff and Golden grabbed all my other bags. We got to my room and sat everything on the floor. I put together Moses's crib before unpacking my stuff.

"Ameri, Lathan is back, I let him stay for a while, anyways you ready?" I heard through the floor before they left. Fuck I forgot it was a school day, fuck that I'm not going.

~

I mugged Golden the whole ride to school. How the fuck does this bitch go from fucking me to making me go to school in the same week? "You need school, don't you want a job when you grow up?" "I am grown and no I want to be a hobo." I sassed. "Grown my ass." He mumbled.

Once we got to the school I grabbed Moses from the backseat and my bookbag.

I'm walking into the building and I see two familiar heads. I walk past them on the way to my class and They call my name. I turn around and Immediately run to them. "I missed yall so fucking much!" I yelled. "We missed you too fucktard!" MJ exclaimed.

"Why the fuck did you bring Moses to school?" Asia asked me with one eyebrow up. "Because I don't trust nobody, I knocked down a group home worker 'cause she took him to a different room," I explained myself.

"Anyways what are yall doing here?" I asked them. "It was so fucking boring and like all the teachers quit their jobs, our parents sent us here because it's a better school," MJ explained.

"What you got first? We got math." "Damn, I got history" "Alright, cya" I walked to my class.

The teacher started walking towards me in my seat. "Hi, Lathan." She said. "Hey..." "Who's this?" She asked taking Moses's cover off. "He's my son." 

"Aw, so cute, anyways... We looked at your record and we think it's best for you to continue seeing the school counselor here." She smiled.

I nodded without saying anything, I hope the Counselor here is nice like Ms. Rita was.

~

"Ms. Rita!" I exclaimed as I ran to give her a hug. "Hi Lathan, Is this who I think it is?"

"Yep, This is Moses," I said taking the cover off him. "Can I?" She asked. "Sure," I said and she went to pick him up. Ms. Rita Is one of the few people I trust with him.

"Ok, I want you to tell me everything that's happened since I last saw you." She said, feeding Moses a bottle.

I took a deep breath and started. "It's a lot, Aurora got in an accident, then she had an emergency c-section, she died during and she had twins, a girl, and a boy. Aurora jr, the girl twin, died soon after." I paused, tearing up.

 "I stayed with Moses for 2 months while he was in NICU until he was discharged and foster worked said they have been doing check ups and since I wasn't there I had to go to a new home. I got to the new home and I liked it, it was all right, they had a son and he called and reported 'bad behavior'" I said with air quotes.

"Then I was sent to a group home, Oh, and Ian got drafted and sent to Detroit, The foster lady took Moses to the nursery and I didn't like that, I went to get him back but she stood in my way so I tackled her ass, I mean her butt, and I ran away with him and all my stuff," I explained.

"That's a lot, I am so sorry for your losses." She said, placing her hand on my arm. "I'm not done, So the foster parent's son, he was kissing me and I was trying to get him off of me but I couldn't and I asked him to stop but he wouldn't, we had sex but I didn't want it, I kept asking him to stop, but I think I kinda liked it." I continued with tears falling down my face.

"You poor thing." She hugged me over the table. "Ok, usually I would just let you vent, but today I have advice. One, Stop bottling up your emotions, you do that a lot. two, be strong, you're going through so much most teens don't go through and you shouldn't, be strong for you, and Moses." I nodded at her advice. 

~

I sat down In my last hour class. This dude sat next to me and his brother sat next to him, I could tell because they're twins. "Hey man, wassup." The boy introduced himself. "Wassup, I'm Lathan." "I'm Valentino, This is my brother Vincent" I looked at Vincent "sup," He said, nodding his head up, I did the same back.

"Thats yo baby?" Vincent asked. "Yea" I answered, answering the last question on the paper before turning it in. "Cool, I got a football game today and I would like it if you would come, bro." He invited me.

"Sure." I accepted and Valentino looked nervous or something.

~

I walked to the bleachers and found Valentino, "Hey." I said as I sat down with Moses in my hands. "Hey." He said, sounding nervous.

I watched the football game, not understanding shit that was going on, "Ooh" I winced every time someone got tackled.

"You did good!" I high-fived Vincent after he came to the parking lot. "Thanks, bro, preciate' you for comin'," He said, smiling at Valentino.

"Alright I got to go, I'll see yall tomorrow," I said heading to my car.

I drove to Golden's house and I saw the van that belongs to Foster care outside. "fuck it." I floored it, zooming past the house. "Welp looks like we're sleeping in a car again, sorry buddy," I said to Moses as I pulled into an abandoned sears parking lot.

How do you feel about Valentino and Vincent? I might give them their own story.

Do you think Lathan is going to take Ms. Rita's advice?