Chapter 4 - Lacrosse Game and Ex-Boyfriends

Lydia had looked at what seemed to be exactly where she always finds herself. In between tough decisions. She was stuck at Allison's place, busy getting ready for the lacrosse game that would play off later that night. She always supported it was it was the one sport her best friend had partake in and now that Stiles was also playing, she thought it well to support him. Their project got done and they both scored an exceptionally good mark, causing Stiles to think that the strawberry blonde wasn't blonde at all. But both still didn't know where they stood with one another. Lydia felt incredible that she was finally able to talk to Stiles, and that he noticed her. But she was also scared of what could happen at the game.

"Don't worry too much about Stiles or anything. He noticed you. That is all you really wanted, wasn't it?" Allison asked throwing on some perfume while Lydia grabbed her jacket.

"I don't know. Of course, I have always wanted to be noticed by Stiles Stilinski, but what will Jackson do to me when he finds me at the game? I've kept a low profile since our breakup in April," Lydia said while Allison looked at her friend, understanding the pain that she had felt.

Lydia and Jackson were the it couple but suddenly, after their first year of dating, something went wrong. When their relationship hit 6 months, everything changed. Lydia started to see an aggressive side of Jackson that made her think that he could never be the same again. And she was right. One night after a lacrosse game, he showed Lydia how aggressive he could get, causing her mother to call the sheriff. Fortunately, for Lydia, Noah didn't inform his son about Jackson, and she could continue as normal as she could. But it also seemed like the other night, Stiles saw exactly what Jackson did to her.

"You should have left him long ago, Lydia," Allison said as Lydia nodded.

"That I know, but I didn't want too many people to get suspicious about him. Thankfully, I did it in time," Lydia said.

"Lyd, you have a scar at the back of your neck because of his issues. You should have left him a hell lot earlier. I wish I was part of your life that time," Allison said.

Allison came into the high school while Lydia's relationship with Jackson was at its worst and although there were many warning signs for Lydia, she chose to ignore them based on who Jackson was. He was the adoptive son of wealthy people who could never see anything wrong with their son. But that did make it hard for Jackson to screw up and admit it. So, Lydia continued to see the romance as normal and ignored the abuse that took place. But that didn't mean that Scott chose to d the same. There were many fights between Scott and Jackson, causing things to get worse for Lydia. And right after her 15th birthday, she allowed herself to get the courage and broke up with Jackson. She loved the person who she met, but not the person he became. 

"We both know you were. But even after Scott told me that I'm falling, I didn't listen," Lydia said.

"Lydia, there's a huge difference between falling into a dark relationship and falling for someone you genuinely love," Allison said while Lydia looked at her.

She knew very well what all of that had meant. But it didn't mean that Lydia knew what to do about Jackson at the game. She knew her ex-boyfriend wouldn't like it at all if she were to show up at the lacrosse game. But she also knew that things were very different. It wasn't just her and Jackson. It was Scott, who she had known since she was a kid running around in diapers. It was Stiles, who she was getting closer and closer to. But all her mind saw was Jackson.

"Tiny warning about the game tonight," Scott said as he and Stiles were getting dressed for the game.

"Jackson won't like having Lydia there. And knowing him, he'll try something," Scott said.