SLEEPOVER

Oli and I managed to get away from the venue in Connecticut at 9:15pm, so we were going to be back in New York around 11pm. "Do you want to go out somewhere when we get back? Or do you want to have an early night so we can get up early and have more time to explore tomorrow?" I asked. I thought for sure he would want to go drinking or something, but he said he didn't mind. "Well I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty tired after the past 3 weeks I've had." I said looking for sympathy.
"We can have an early night then." he said with a smile. He seemed really happy and relaxed, like he'd been in London. I guess to be honest, it was the first time that we had been truly alone together since then, but it felt normal.
"Also, I totally forgot but I have to go to a party tomorrow night." I confessed. "I won't be there long... I just have to make an appearance." I said. "So you can come with me if you want. There will be free alcohol so we can just get drunk together." I suggested with a laugh.
"Sure, that sounds good." Oli replied as he looked over smiling at me. I think I could have asked him anything and he would have said yes, he seemed to be in a very good mood.

I moved into the middle of the seat and put my head on his shoulder because I honestly was so tired and the motion of the car made it worse... the sleep deprivation and time zones were catching up with me. He put his arm around my shoulder and I rested. It was nice to be there; all warm and cosy and feeling protected with his arm around me. I hadn't actually asked if he minded me cuddling up to him, but I just felt like he'd be OK with it. I'm pretty sure I fell asleep, but the bright lights on the approach to the city woke me up. I actually felt refreshed after my nap, but I was kind of hungry. "Do you feel like a late night snack?" I asked Oli with a devilish look when I woke up and sat back up.
"I never say no to late night snacks." he said with a wide-eyed expression. I nodded.
"Can we please make a quick detour to Harleys?" I asked the driver.
"Yes Ma'am." he replied courteously.
"What's Harleys?" Oli asked curiously.
"An ice-cream place." I replied with a chuckle. "They have vegan options." I said as I pulled out my phone and brought up their website to show him.
"You have a serious ice-cream addiction." he chuckled. I guess it was the second night in a row that I'd wanted late-night ice-cream. We pulled up at the store ten minutes later and headed inside, dishing out our orders to the girl behind the counter after having perused the menu in the car. She was looking at me strangely but I wasn't sure why. "I'm sorry but, you're Joy? The famous model, right?" she asked. 'Shit' I thought. This had never really happened to me in a non-obvious place before and I felt my face go red. "Um, yeah." I said shyly.
"You're so beautiful." she said to me as she scooped my ice cream. Ugh, I was so embarrassed and I felt myself go even redder.
"Thank you, so are you." I said, completely not knowing what to say in response to that. She passed our desserts over the counter with a big smile and told us to have a nice night. I looked at Oli as we walked out of the store and he was smiling massively. "I swear that is the first time that has ever happened." I said to him. He just kept on smiling.

The ice-cream really hit the spot, though Oli made extremely inappropriate noises while eating his vegan chocolate and mint concoction and I couldn't stop laughing. The driver probably wondered what was  he hell was going on in that back seat! It was another fifteen minutes until we reached my apartment, but the ice-cream made it seem like less.

We exited the car, retrieved Oli's suitcase from the trunk and I scanned us into the building with my security tag. It was then a quick ride up to the seventh floor. I had only been living there for a couple of days, but it already felt like home when I walked in. It had the familiar scent of my favourite reed diffuser from LA and looked just the way I left it. "Welcome to my little slice of the big apple." I said as Oli followed me in. I knew I had to address the bed situation straight away so it wouldn't be awkward. "So, I do have a really comfy couch – and you're more than welcome to take it, but we've done the pillow barrier thing before, so you are welcome to half of the bed if you want it too." I said as I wandered over to the bedroom and plugged my phone in beside said bed.
"I don't mind." Oli politely replied from the doorway.
"OK, bed it is." I said, making the decision for him. I really didn't want to make a big deal out of it. "So this is the bedroom, obviously." I said standing in the doorway. "The bathroom is there." I said, pointing it out. "And please feel free to help yourself to anything you want." I said as I wandered to the kitchen and opened the fridge to pour myself a glass of water.
"Thank you." he said as he flopped down onto my couch.
"Do you want to watch a movie?" I asked.
"Only if you want to. You did fall asleep in the car." he said with a laugh. Smartarse. I wandered over and turned on the TV, bringing up Netflix and handing him the remote. "I'm going to take a quick shower, but you can start without me." I said, wandering off. I just wanted to feel clean after a full day of being out and about.