Ch.12

Kakashi's lips were planted on hers, moving in a practiced sync. Naturally, I stood by the wooden door, my head was hidden in the shadows of my grey hood so no one could see my red hair or my glaring eyes. I was sure she could feel my glare though, every now and then she would glance around the room. I hated this. He was mine. Or so I'd thought. What the hell was going on?!
"Perfect." The Hokage murmurs with an uninterested expression. "You will do wonderfully Inuzuka." Tsume Inuzuka gave a small nod of her head and stepped away from Kashi who had already pulled up his mask. I didn't think anyone had managed to see his face as it had been blocked by Inuzuka's face. Kakashi stepped back towards the door as well, standing directly in front of me. I stared longingly at his broad, stiff back and he casually took a stride back. With that closeness I was able to grab a handful of the fabric sitting on his back and cling onto it desperately. Just when I thought it was all perfect, just when I thought he was mine. She appears.
"Teacup will be you acting daughter, Kakashi the Father, Inuzuka the Mother and Uchiha the brother..." I had no interest in any of this and zoned out, thinking about that morning's events; or the lack of. I had woken up groggy, Kakashi had made me breakfast and before I know it I'm being carried to the Hokage's office, Kashi's hand firmly planted on my ass and me trying to wake up. I still felt like I was asleep now.

"Teacup!" I snapped my head up and looked at the Hokage who I could barely see past Kakashi. He had obviously said my name a few times.
The Hokage sighed, he was sick of me as much as anyone else around here. So why was I being put on this mission? "You have to transform now. However because you have to remain transformed I have created a necklace which you must always wear because it will keep the appearance up without using too much of your energy. Don't be fooled though, you'll be expending a lot of your energy every day through the upholding of the transformation jutsu. Because of this you will be useless in fights and the such so your job is to keep the group looking like a family and listen to any conversations you can. Uchiha will be your guard throughout the weeks and Kakashi and Inuzuka will be the ones searching for information on the Grave vigilantes. Understand?"
I nodded my head in response, it was hard enough speaking to normal people let alone a man of such high status.
"This will be yours for the duration of the mission." I stepped forward on awkward feet and took the pendant which hung on the leather necklace the Hokage dangled from his fist. I turned on my heal after that and left the room, brushing past Inuzuka.

"Oii! Teacup! We're leaving now!" The Uchiha boy called out just as I'd stepped into the sunlit area of "outside". I stood still, refusing to turn to him. I hated this kid. I wouldn't turn to show him respect and as I felt him walking up from behind me, I refused to show any cowardice. I felt more than saw Uchiha's face lean in until it was level with mine.
"Why did they pick a weak girl like you to do such an important mission? I am better than some of the Anbu ninjas. I surpass all those my age. Why have they got someone as small and weak as you here? Why have the got the worst genin ever to come though the Leaf Village's streets here? What are you hiding Angel? I've never even heard you say a word. They say you're mute. I say you're just refusing to sing Angel." Uchiha whispered and the his hand reached up, grabbing the edge of my hood. I was frozen by his words. What was I hiding? Everything. What kind of luck did I have to be going after the Grave Group? They thought they were just a small group of vigilantes, just wait until they found out. Just wait until they knew. I should tell them. I should. But...
Uchiha began pulling my hood away and with that my reflexes kicking into action. I brought my arm up, snapping his hand away as my leg flashed up and landed in his gut. As I did this I spun, turning so I faced him and stood in a defensive stance. Uchiha now stood smiling in the dimness of the building, I stood under the sun, under the light; where I belonged. Or maybe I belonged in the shadows, away from everyone and everything.

"Call me Angel again and I'll mark that pretty face of yours Uchiha." I called out.
Uchiha strode towards me, he didn't see me as a threat at all. For the first time, I took notice of this boy. He was tall, jet black hair that was tied back in a small pony tail at the base of his neck. The front part had come out however and framed his face. He had deep brown eyes and wore his forehead protector on his forehead. He was a shinobi yet still attended school; why had I never noticed this before? A better question was why I had never noticed the grace of this boy's movements, the dangerous glint in his eye; the knowledge behind that face. He knew what was going on behind the scenes; he had the same look as the Hokage. Uchiha stood before me and lent down so that he was my height; damn my size!