9. Kit Kat, Let Down Your Hair

"Ohmigod

"Ohmigod. This is amaaaazing." Katherine hums happily as she takes another bite of Chocolate Peanut Butter fudge.

"That's two-for-two," I state, trying to decide which fudge I want to try next.

"You should've been a food blogger or something."

"Maybe when I'm retired." I nod in approval at the Salted Caramel Milk Chocolate fudge. 

"Do you think you'll retire soon? Or do you plan to play for as long as you can?" Katherine asks, reaching over for the Cookie Dough fudge.

"I used to think I'd play as long as possible. Now I'm not sure what I want to do. I'm kind of in a weird funk."

"Because of Annabelle?" Katherine asks and I slightly wince. "Sorry. I don't mean to come off as pushy."

"Nah, it's okay. Wounds still a little fresh, that's all."

"I get it. I've been there."

"How so?" I ask, glancing up at the dirty blonde whose blue eyes have become oddly familiar.

"Guys use me to get to my dad all the time. I've apparently got the whole package. Blonde hair, blue eyes. Rich parents." She glances down at her chest before clearing her throat, "Some other things."

At this, my own eyes flicker down to her chest--her chest that holds the perfect rack. She has the kind of tits that fit perfectly in your palm but not perfectly in your mouth. What the fuck is wrong with me?

"I was always one to ignore guys and, people want what they can't have. They think I'm playing hard to get when in reality, I just didn't want herpes." I choke on my drink at the end of her sentence, earning me a smile on her end.

"Holy shit, Kat." I laugh, clutching my stomach.

"Am I wrong? I don't know where the hell those guys have been. Or.. who the hell they've been in." She shakes her head with a grimace as I continue to laugh. 

Katherine crumples up a napkin and throws it at me. "You're making a scene." She laughs. "Stop it."

By the time we're done with fudge, we feel fat and happy.

"Still want pizza?" I ask as we walk into the house and I flip the lights on.

"Sure. I'm always down for pizza."

"Cool." I nod, pulling my phone out. "The remote should be on the couch. I'm gonna order and let Deke out. You can get Rapunzel set up if you want."

"Okay."

I order a medium Pepperoni pizza, a large Meatlovers, and cheesy bread while Deke runs around the backyard. 

When Deke scratches at the back door, I let him in before we walk into the living room together. "Puppy!" Katherine squeals before sliding onto her knees on the floor. Deke nearly tackles her to the ground in excitement as I plop down on the couch. "You're a handsome little fella, aren't you?" Deke rolls onto his belly and Katherine immediately gives him pets.