Americas Sweetheart

CHAPTER 2: Americas Sweetheart

"I'm dying B. My death wish is for you to have all my clothes and wear them with pride."

I start laughing because it's fun to watch her die of a hangover. She went to a graduation party last night. She told me to go with her, but I definitely wanted to skip it.

"I would most definitely donate them to the less fortunate."

I say as I take a sip of my coffee. We ate breakfast at my favorite little spot called CAKES. They have the fluffiest pancakes, and the best coffee. We sit outside to enjoy the fresh morning air. It's in the middle of town where all the small shops are at. It's a cute little area to just relax in. Then it happens. Jasper. Running shirtless. The sweat is making his abs defined. He's wearing shorts that reveal his thigh muscles. The way he runs makes him look like a super hero. He would definitely give Thor some competition.

"Earth to Brix? Hello?"

Cora says as she shakes her hand in front of my face.

"Huh? What?"

"I was asking you if you had any Advil, but now I see why you weren't responding. Mr. Jasper ran by."

"Oh shut up. I wasn't even looking at him."

"Yes you...."

Before Cora could finish her sentence she ran from her seat to go by the nearest tree to vomit. Everyone knows that the best friend always has to pull hair back or pat their vomiting friend on their back. So there I go to do just that.
———————

She finally finishes, so I go pay for our meals inside CAKES.

As I'm paying I look through the glass windows and see Cora stumbling to the car. I hurry and run to her. I put her in the car. She's so much heavier than she looks. I turn on her car and drive. It's such a beautiful day. I'm blasting music and singing. Cora is hopefully not dead. She is slumped over in the back seat. I didn't want her near me if she vomits again. I wonder if this is what our college days will look like. We haven't really discussed it. I know she wants to go into cosmetics and hair because she wants to work with famous people. I on the other hand is unsure of what I want to do with my life. I literally have no idea. Usually parents put ideas in your head at a young age to help you prepare for your future, but my parents left it up to my sister and I to decide what we want to do. So now I'm screwed. There's like a million possibilities! I'm not even a senior yet. I can think about this later.

I park the car in front of Cora's house. I see that her mother's car is here. Thank god. Her moms cool. Maybe a little too cool, but Cora turned out fine. I go to the front door and knock. The door opens.

"Brixlee! It's so nice to see you."

She gives me hug.

"Sorry to bother you, but can you help me with Cora? It's.......a bad hangover."

"Yes of course. I know just what to give her to help her get through it."

"Perfect, and do you mind giving me a ride home?"

"Of course I don't mind. You're like my second daughter."

I smile. She walks with me and helps me get Cora out of the car.

———————————-

"Brixlee where's my bathing suit cover top?"

My sister ask's with an attitude while she stands in front of the television so I can't see. I'm stuffed with pancakes and I am not in the mood for her crap right now.

"I come to the living room to watch TV so I can't be bothered by you."

"Do you have it or not?!"

"Why would I have it?! It's not even a cover! There's holes everywhere in it!"