Chapter 38-If Only...

"Krish?!" Priya looked at him in surprise.

"Hi Priya" Krish greeted her, walking up to their table.

"Krish?" Ram looked at Krish and frowned. "Yeh woh hi hai naa..."

Priya had told him a few weeks back that she had run into a guy in the bakery on whom she had a crush in college. He had felt a certain uneasiness listening to this but did not know why, since he was unaware of his feelings for Priya back then.

"Haan yeh woh hi hai. Mere college ka dost. Maine bataya tha naa aapko, dost hai." Priya interrupted Ram, fearing he might utter that she had a crush on Krish in front of everyone.

Ram looked at Priya in shock. "Itne dino se baat nahi ki, magar ab kar rhi hai. Krish ki wajah se. Aisi kya baat hai ismein?"

"Mujhe pata nahi tha ki tum bhi aa rhe ho" Priya turned to speak to Krish.

"Haan woh Sara ne invite kiya tha. Mere paas kuch kaam nahi tha toh maine socha aa hi jaata hoon." Krish spoke adjusting his specs and Priya nodded.

After a brief introduction with the gang, Priya and Krish moved to the other side of the bakery to meet Sara and Akki.

Ram was constantly watching them, tracing his finger on the rim of the glass of Rossini which he was holding.

"Yeh apne chashmein itna kyun choota hai? Kahin bhaag thodi rhe hain! Huh. Aur iske baal? Itna lamba toh yeh hai bhi nahi, jitna apne khade huye baalon ke wajah se lagta hai. Yeh Priya ko kaise ladke pasand the- Neeraj aur Krish- dono khade baalon waale." Ram made a face and touched his hair gently. "Priya main tumhare liye jaan dene ko taiyyar ho jaunga, but aisa hair style nahi rakhunga, sorry."

Just then Priya laughed slightly at something Krish said and Ram felt a twinge of jealousy in his chest.

"Priya iski baaton pe kyun hass rhi hai? Aisa kya bola hoga Krish ne ki Priya ko hassi aayi? Woh isey abhi bhi pasand karti hai kya? Kya isliye woh mujhse baat nahi kar rhi, kyunki usko Krish ke liye feelings hain? Nahi Ram, kya soch rha hai! Aisa toh nahi ho sakta. Krish ke liye uski feelings ka humari baaton se kya lena dena? Baat toh kuch aur hai. Par kya hain Priya ko feelings abhi bhi, Krish ke liye? Aur Krish ko? Does he like Priya?"

Ram eyed Krish closely to pick up any signs which would suggest that he was trying to hit on Priya. But he couldn't keep his gaze on Krish for long, since it kept shifting to Priya.

Seeing Priya smile around Krish was maddening. It enraged Ram to see Priya being so at ease around another man.

Feeling himself getting anxious, Ram tried to focus on something else- anything else. He looked around the room, taking in the decorations and observing the other guests, but his eyes kept drifting back to her. He watched as Priya offered Krish a muffin and then walked back into the kitchen.

As much as he tried, Ram could not help but feel possessive. He wanted to be the one to make Priya laugh, he wanted to be the one she brought muffins for. He took another sip of his drink, trying to push the jealousy down.

And as if on cue, Priya walked out of the kitchen towards their table with a plate full of muffins and cupcakes. She had noticed that Ram was on his third glass of wine already and although she could not scold him and ask him to go slow with the drinks, she could definitely divert his minds with food. And so she had baked a batch of low sugar muffins and cupcakes just for Ram.

Priya served the freshly baked delicacies to the gang, made some small talk with them and then went back to the kitchen.

"Sab se baat ki, par mujhse nahi. Waise mujhse gussa ho, but mere favourite blueberry muffins aur double choco-chip cupcakes bana ke laayi. Ho kya rha hai tumhein Priya? Kyun kar rhi ho tum yeh sab?"

BALH2 FF: Hum Tum Kitne Paas Hainजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें