3.

Eli walked towards the front of the school.

He was scrolling on his phone seeing the group chat with just his sisters and him in it being spammed. He rolled his eyes then put his phone away.

Placing his hand on the door to open it but he stopped in place.

Seeing locks of platinum white standing under the school's roof outside he lowered his hand towards the handle of the door.

He looked outside around the platinum blonde to see it raining, to which he flipped his bag around to grab his umbrella before soon heading outside.

Miley looked towards the door that opened to see Eli, his head down as he tried to open his umbrella.

Miley looked away and put their hand out to feel the rain a couple steps away from them.

"Do you not have an umbrella?" Eli mumbled towards the platinum blonde.

Miley shook their head with a smile towards Eli. "Nope, no umbrella."

Eli glanced at his umbrella then back at Miley to see their smile last longer than his would when speaking to a stranger.

He clicked his tounge and grumbled to himself.

He walked out into the rain with his umbrella up above him, stopping as soon as he was in it.

He glanced towards Miley seeing them slowly turn back towards the school, clearly focused on the rain.

Do they like the rain? He thought to himself as he continued to stare.

"Hey." Eli spoke up to the platinum blonde, them turning to reveal their mint green eyes that once captivated him. He coughed at the sight, almost loosing his breathe but then spoke, "Miley right?"

Miley nodded and completely turned towards Eli to show that they were interested to hear what he was saying.

Eli walked up to Miley and quickly handed them his umbrella then ran away through the pouring rain to the bus stop.

Miley just stood there, surprise written on their face as they watched Eli run away and out of view.

A smile crept up Miley's face as they gripped the umbrella tighter with both hands.

"Hes so cute." They spoke silently to their self and started to walk towards their house, deciding to enjoy the rain welcoming the Earth this afternoon.

--

Eli got off the bus quickly and ran down the hill to his house expecting his siblings to be home already.

He moved the soaked locks out of his face as he ran closer to the only house with a garage on the street.

He reached a certain house very close to his own and stopped for a moment.

His eyes wandered around the home, eyeing every detail of chipped wood, paint, and almost dirty windows; clean a couple days ago it seems.

He caught a glimpse of mint throughout the home through the window view, he had an idea of who it might be but he didn't want to assume.

Then he realized he was still getting soaked and quickly turned back to running towards his house.

--

Miley strode towards the street they lived on, griping the black umbrella with constellations on it.

They hummed a song they heard earlier on a random playlist they were listening to.

Miley stood in front of their house and glanced at all of the houses around on the street they shared with strangers.

The open garage on one of the homes caught their eye as they saw a mother scolding her son.

Miley squinted to see if they knew the scolded teen.

Next thing that was known was Miley speedwalking towards the open garage that was separated from the home. It looked home made for sure.

"Eli Graves, why would you give away your umbrella?! You could get majorly sick!" The mother pointed towards him angrily as Eli just stood there, seeming to have gone through this before.

He scoffed and responded, "Mom, chill out. I wasnt going to just let them freeze when I'm fully capable of taking care of myself."

Eli's mother took the hand that was placed on her hip and dropped it, a smirk growing on her face.

"Eli."

"What?" He looked at her with concern.

"Do you already have a crush on someone? It's your second year!" She cackled.

"Jesus mom no, leave me alone." He said, stuffing his hands in his pockets and started to walk away but stopped his tracks as he saw the person he continued to run into all day.

Miley's mint streak of hair slowly fell out of the hair clip they had in as they walked towards Eli and his mother.

Eli's mother scoffed. "Yeah okay Eli."

Miley stood in front of them a couple feet away, still with the umbrella above their head while it poured maybe a little harder than before.

Eli's breath hitched as he looked at his umbrella being tightly gripped by his classmate.

"Oh hi Miley."

Miley smiled at him, "Hello Graves."

"Ew don't call me that." He grimaced.

Miley laughed loudly, surprising Eli and his mother.

"Oh sorry was I too loud? I have this laughing disease where I laugh too loud, I call it Beary giggles. I don't know but it sounds cuter that way."

"No it's fine sweetie. It's cute." Eli's mother spoke up finally with a smile, placing her hand on her son's shoulder, him soon shrugging it off.

Miley did a closed eyed smile. "To think were neighbors right?"

Eli nodded, not looking them in the face.

"Here."

Was all that was heard of Miley as they ran off through the rain to their house, leaving the umbrella on the floor of the garage.

Eli stared at the umbrella and then at the platinum blonde down the road.

"They're cute right?" His mother spoke nonchalantly.

"No, they're dumb."