9.

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT. NO WHAT THE FUCK. Eli screamed in his head. WHY DID I DO THAT, I WAS JUST LEANING OVER THEM AND STARING AT THEM, AND- OH MY GOD- FUCKING CREEP. His brain rambled on with insults rolled at himself.

He glanced back at Miley, their head down. He groaned mentally. But in reality, Miley was looking down at the ground, face red and eyes wide. They couldn't stop imaging how Eli looked at them.

They looked up at the back of his head. They could feel the heat radiating off of them. Miley wanted to ask what the look was for but that'd just make their feelings noticeable the second Eli turned towards them.

Their grip kept hold on the straps of their bag, not even realizing how long they'd been holding on. Their knuckles turned a pale white as if they were terrified.

Terrified of what he'd say.

Eli started to slow his walking. As he heard Miley's walking getting weird. He then finally turned. Miley instantly saw him turn and so they turned their whole body a different direction.

"Uh- you good?"

Miley blew air out of their lungs to calm the heat from their cheeks so they could look at the raven-haired male.

"Mm? Oh yeah, perfectly fine!" They spoke, moving forward-in front of Eli.

Eli rose an eyebrow at the platinum blonde as they walked in front of him.

He then analyzed their movements and how the back of their head looked, especially their ears. Why were their ears so red?

"Do you have a temperature? You arent looking so good, you're skin is red and you're kind of slurring all over the place like you're about to pass out." He snorted.

Shit. Miley thought, their movements stopping as did Eli's.

He maneuvered around Miley, tilting his face in front of theirs, a little too close for comfort. He analyzed their face as Miley's eyes grew wide, their mouth agape.

Their unusual mint green eyes stared back at Eli, if he looked hard enough he might've been able to see a comforting place, kind of like the clear ocean.

His eyes softened as he straightened his whole body in front of them.

"..." Miley stared back at him, their eyes still wide. They soon dialated, as Miley pushed Eli away from their face, "Yeah I'm fine. Let's keep going."

He stared a little longer as Miley walked in front of him once more, he noticed the grip on their bag straps loosen the longer they walked in silence.

--

"Bye Eli." Miley said, quickly walking through their front door and closing it behind them. Eli heard a quiet swear behind the door.

"Bye Miley.." he mumbled. "Jesus why was that so awkward?" He ran his hand down his face and then rubbed his wrist.

He walked over to his house, stumbling everytime he'd look behind him at the platinum blonde's home.

He finally walked in front of his door and found it unlocked; suspicious of this he slowly opened the door and peaked inside, key held tightly in his hand in a stabbing position. (It was unusual for the front door to be unlocked after school because he was always the first one home, his parents, and older sister being at work while his younger was on the bus still.)

The door silently swung open as he stepped in, the home silent other than a sort of clacking coming from his sisters room. The door being open-he tried to view inside, but the door was only cracked so he couldnt see much.

He slowly walked over to the door-his foot tapping every once and awhile as his foot hit the floor-and opened it only to see light purple hair draped over the desk chair that was under the bunk bed that belonged to Chelsie.

"What. The. Fuck." He dropped his arm in disbelief, "What is wrong with you?" He said, making the older female turn around in surprise.

She only looked at him with confusion at his question, "What do you mean?" She asked, not waiting for an answer before speaking again, "How was your day?" She turned back around towards her laptop, expanding a picture on a doc.

"No, what the fuck, you cant just leave the front door unlocked. I wouldve stabbed you with my house key if you walked in front of me too fast!" He dropped his arms to his sides with unneeded dramatic movements. "You're older than me-a senior- you should know better!"

"Oh did I do that? I must've gotten distracted. You know how I am, oh. Kid, how was your day?" She asked again, turning back towards him, the words rushing from her mouth like a fountain.

"You asked me that already, it was okay, just a bit strange." he fidgeted, straightening his posture a bit more.

"Strange how?" She leaned her elbow on her knee as she tried her best to pay attention to him, her active mind running wild with details she'd been thinking about for hours.

Eli noticed her other knee bouncing as she looked at him, her eyes threatening to glance around quickly, "Nothing. What're you doing?" He said, leaning onto the desk to look at what she was doing on her laptop.

"Oh!" She exclaimed and turned back towards the desk, "It's the project I'm doing at work. We have to take photographs of anything we see colorful. And no, not just a vibrant color, anything that could catch a boring person's eye, like beautiful graffiti or something like that." She sighed with content, finally getting off a split of the details running through her brain.

"Sounds interesting, you gonna show mom?" He mumbled a response.

"No. Shes too busy, I couldnt do that. But I sure am glad you asked what it was!" She held his hand gently, threatening to spin in her chair in excitement.

He only smiled and changed topics, "Chels, I gotta go close the front door and put my stuff down, you can show me the whole folder of pictures you took yesterday once I'm done okay?"

She exclaimed, "Really?! You'd let me? Oh, you saint! I love you Eli!" She stood up quickly, and kissed his cheek, "Go, go close the door, quick!" She pushed him out of the room.

He snorted and pushed the kiss off of his cheek to express the affection was too much. He then threw his bag in front of his bedroom door and walked towards the front to see Corinne walking onto the porch with confusion.

"Hi? Whys the door open like there was a hit and run?" She asked sarcastically.

He rolled his eyes and pushed her inside then closed the door behind her, "Chelsie is home, and a maniac for leaving the front door unlocked so I thought someone robbed us."

"Great explanation, did you hold your keys like it was going to do something again?" She teased, walking towards the room he just exited from.

"It could be effective one day little girl! Don't judge it till you try!" He huffed out angrily.

"Okay whatever you say." She then added, "crazy."

"Tch. Brat."