7.

The clicking and tapping on a keyboard could be heard through the wall of Eli's bedroom.

He placed a finger on his chin as he thought in depth.

He was writing an essay for his English class. No matter how much he hated having to leave his home for socializing, he enjoyed his English class.

The book they had been reading was about a female lead who had gone on an adventure to find her younger sister who was taken from her when they were younger. The female lead was raven-haired and green eyed as the book cover displayed.

He quite enjoyed the book. But since the class had finished it earlier that evening they had to write an essay about the girl's journey.

He turned around in his chair to look at his book piles on his wall and shelf. He'd wondered if he might've owned the book and just never read it because of how busy his schedule was online.

"Eli?" A voice and a knock is heard at his door, its Corinne.

"Yes?"

"I'm hungry. Can we go out?"

That was right. Eli completely forgot he was home alone with his younger sister.

Their older sister had left for work, she'd be gone for hours... their parents also happened to be at work, their mom works as a home care nurse. Shes always gone taking care of patients that she watches over a ton.

Their father was a lawyer. Even though he was this funny homebody, he had a very serious job and he took it seriously.

They had almost always been out late when they did work.

Eli didnt work unless it happened to be online programming. So he was always with Corinne when everyone had their busy days. Eli currently wasnt busy other than doing his book essay.

"Yeah hold on kid," He replied.

"Ugh I'm not even that much younger than you.." She mumbled, still available to hear behind the door.

Eli grabbed his coat and decided to leave his PC on. He then unlocked his door to find the younger female sat on the floor by his door.

He laughed, "How long have you been out here debating on whether to ask me to get food or not?"

She pouted and slumped, "12 minutes.."

He rolled his eyes, "Corinne, you could've just knocked you didnt have to wait that long."

"Yeah I know but you were doing your book essay, you told me earlier that you had to do it and it was due today." She kept the pout as she eyed her older brother.

"Nah, it's fine, I wouldnt have been upset. Promise." He says with a smile as he crouches down and holds out his pinky.

"What're you five?"

"You know it." He grinned and continued to hold his pinky out.

She took it silently as a small smile grew on her face.

"Alright! Let's get you some food in your belly kiddo." He said, bringing her up with him.

"Okay!" She grinned brightly as he dragged her out of the house.

--

Eli's little sister had princess privilege with their entire family and Eli didnt care because when he did get paychecks from his programming jobs he'd spend some of the money on himself for important things but then he never knew what to do with the rest, so he just started spending cash on Corinne.

She wrapped her arm around his as soon as they had left the house and now they were walking in the small town to find a food place to eat at.

"What do you wanna eat Cori?" He asked her as he stared at the building they walked next to.