{Ch. 8 - Third Wheeling}

{A/N: Hi! Sorry this chapter took way longer than expected, lots of school work and exams, but here's a new chapter of the funny champion chat! :>}

{Lance's POV}

I just got back home from visiting my cousin, Clair, who lives in Blackthorn City. I swung open the door, tossed my dark cape to the nearest chair, stretched my arms from a long battle... and from dealing with that whiny personality of hers. Dragonite rushed in to clear the living room, of course.  I've raised all my terrifying dragons to be wholehearted beings, not all of them have to thrash the house.

And once I've turned on my phone, guess what?

More. notifications.

From that groupchat with Leon.

I have to tell miss Diantha I broke her record for 'most notifications from The Golden Group Chat.'

----

{The Golden Group Chat}

LancesALot is now online.

LancesALot: +AmoreDiana, I broke your record for the most notifications lol.

LancesALot: Anyways, this chat's dead, what did I miss? 

BlastBurn: nothing except for a lot of sappy moments from two champion

BlastBurn: s

LancesALot: Alain, please be more specific.

BlastBurn: water, rocks

LancesALot: Alain.

LancesALot: I said be more specific.

BlastBurn: how does that not ring a bell

BlastBurn: ITS STEVEN AND WALLACE FOR ARCEUS SAKE

LancesALot: Oh, alright. It's not in this chat though, it only says the last truth or dare mentioned a day ago. Was it in a call?

BlastBurn: yes, it was so weird

LancesALot: I'd like to hear about this.

BlastBurn: basically, i'll make it short since i dont write paragraphs much

BlastBurn: unlike people here

LancesALot: Whatever suits you I guess. You can take your time.

BlastBurn: so basically, im in a call with steven, he starts to ramble about mega evolution, which i like, but then wallace joins in

LancesALot: Like, joins in the call?

BlastBurn: thats the plot twist

BlastBurn: NO

LancesALot: I uh.. Pardon?

BlastBurn: wallace just... walked into steven's house?? no warning, he didn't even tell me, not a single sound about the other hoennian in the room

LancesALot: I honestly was expecting that.

BlastBurn: WHAT

LancesALot: You're not the only third wheel in this one. I can explain in a call.

----

ring ring... ring ring...

"Hello? Lance? Should I continue now?"

"Alain, your camera is off."

"This isn't a meeting with a professor."

"But it's a meeting with a champion."

"Fine."

Dragonite simply sat down near me, he seemed curious to what his trainer was up too, and even gave a friendly little wave to Alain. 

"So.. what else happened?" I asked, he turned on his camera, and I immediately notice him a bit... distracted, bending down to get something, and moving the camera to the floor.

"Hm? Oh, sure, let me just-" 

"Actually, I wanted to ask you something before we talk about those two Hoenn champions."

"And that is?" He peeped his head out.

"Are you making something, like a gift for someone? You know you can move the camera so I can see it."

"I uh.. no..?" I laughed.

"You're bad at lying, Alain." He frowned, and set his computer on the floor. A messy carpeted floor with plush cotton, a red sewing kit, what seemed to be paper templates and cut light blue felt all over. A grass-type pokemon was in the background playing with white and yellow thread.

"Ah, Chespie, give it back!" He got up and chased that small pokemon.

To be honest, Alain's the easiest to read, followed by Steven, Leon, Diantha, Wallace, and Cynthia being the most difficult. Learned that from beating up all the grunts and admins of Team Rocket. Looking at the foreground and judging by the little conversation snippets left by him all over the chat, he's making a little gift for that 'hoenn idol girl', also known as Wallace's niece. "Even though I don't talk much in that group, I have a rough idea on what everyone's up to in their own region."

"I'm back!" He sat down, panting.

"You're making a gift for someone?"

Just as he was about to get two buttons from the kit, he looked at me.

"Am I really  that easy to read to you?"

"Well, yes."

"Okay, yeah, I am making a gift for someone. I'm pretty sure you know it, you probably took the time to analyze the professor's space while I make sure Mairin's partner pokemon doesn't make a mess." He rolled up his sleeves, and started sewing it on the plush toy.

"Mhm, so who is it for?"

"It's for a girl named Lisia. I just saw her at some screen at Lumiose, managed to talk to her about a few things, and planning on surprising her. I also started watching some of her um.. 'Contest Spectaculars'? I think that what she calls them..."

"Alain-"

"I'm pretty sure this goes right here..." He muttered.

"Um.. Alain.." 

"For Arceus sake, what is it, Lance?!"

"Pff- You used the wrong thread for one of the buttons..."

He looked at what he was doing. "Aw come on! I swore it was right.."

"Hahah, I'm sure she won't notice the messiness."

"Yeah, sure.." He rolled his eyes. 

"Anyways, I have to go now.. have some more things to do around the house."

"Mhm, ok.. bye Lance."

----

MikuriSea

LancesALot: Sent a video recording.

LancesALot: At this point I'm just some dumb spy working for you. You can tell me more about this weird plan you have, Wallace. Thank you and have a nice day / afternoon / night.