TWO 02. Varsity

third person point of view

Delilah was walking to the auditorium with Luis, Julie, Russ, Dwayne and Ken for a big thing Eden Hall does on the first day of school every year.

"You know, I think this place is running very low on the brother quotient." Russ told everyone.

"Yeah." Julie agreed "Hey, I wanna know who this knew coach Orion is. My dad said if i didn't like him I could come right home."

"Thats nice. My dad said I better stay in on scholarship, or he'll whoop my butt." Russ said.

"You know, I heard in the dorm that the guy played for the Minnasota North Stars and got suspended for punching out his own coach." Luis shared his gossip.

"Thats not why he left." Delilah said but was cut off by Dwayne.

"You mean the Dallas Stars. I heard he punched out a fan."

"I heard he wasa Buddhist. You know like Kong Fu or Richard Gere." Julie added.

"Kong Fu wasn't a Buddhist. He was a Trappist monk." Kenny corrected.

"Are you talkin about the old Kong Fu or the Further Adventures of the New Kong Fu?" Russ asked.

"Y'all watch to much TV." Dwayne pointed out.

"Shoot, thats the safest thing to do in my hood." Russ looked at a bulletin board.

"Did you guys know Portmans not coming?" Luis changed the subject.

"What? You have to be joking." Delilah said.

"Why?" Ken said and grabbed Delilah hand.

"He found out Bombays not coming so now hes not." Luis further explained.

"Shit." Russ opened the door to the school.

The group found open seats in the noisy auditorium and sat down. Delilah sat between Luis and Julie.

"Hey, you know what? You Ducks don't belong here at Eden Hall" A voice said from behind them. They turned around and was meet with a group of boys in red lettermen jackets and their 'leader' had a cheerleader on his arm. And he had his hands folded with his elbows on his knees making him look like Gru from despicable me and when Delilah noticed this she had to try her absolute hardest not to laugh.

"What?" Russ snaped back.

"Hey, easy, Russ. He probably just think we're someone else. Um, I'm Dwayne and we're the new hockey team. And you are...?" Dwayne tried to make new friends and stuck his hand out for a hand shake. (the world does not deserve Dwayne Roberson fr)

"Varsity, the only hockey team. State champs." Gru said trying to be scary and cool.

One of Gru's minions took his gum out of his mouth and put it in Dwaynes hand that was still stuck out for a hand shake. Delilah groaned and handed Dwayne a tissue and hand sanitizer she had in her backpack.

"You know my little brother lost his J.V slot when they brought you... yo-yos in here." Gru looked down the line of them.

"Probably wasn't good enough." Julie spoke up.

"See, thats my dad. He's gonna get the board to revoke your scholarships. Just you wait" Gru pointed to an older guy with a white beard in a suit.

"Thats your dad? Nice outfit, did it come with a yacht?" Russ joked making the Ducks laugh and the varsity boy that put gum in Dwaynes hand laugh mockingly. The Ducks turned back around and waited for the Dean to talk.