NINE 09. Stitches

third person point of view

Delilah woke up a few hours later at eleven am with a headache and Julie was gone. She rubbed her eyes and went into the bathroom. She looked in the mirror and saw the gash on her eyebrow was worse then she thought, it was deep and had dried blood all around it and a bruise had formed. Delilah brought her hand up to touch it,  immediately pulling back when pain rushed through the small space. She hissed and when her lips moved back, it caused the cut on her bottom lip to re open.

Delilah dabbed the blood away, but it just came pooling back out seconds later. She quickly brushed her teeth and washed her face before changing into sweats and a hoodie and pulling her hair into a low pony.

When she checked her phone and saw that Ken, Julie and Connie had left all the messages she had sent them the night before on read. Forgetting about the gash on her eyebrow, Delilah rubbed her eyes, causing her eyebrow wound to re open.

"Damnit," Delilah said, taking a tissue and pressing it to her eyebrow and applying pressure.

Delilah pulled the tissue away after a minute and saw it was still bleeding. She sighed, going to put the tissue back when her phone dinged, tearing her attention away.

scooter 🛴

scooter 🛴

did you go to the nurse?

lilah

no

i just woke up 

scooter 🛴

do you want me to take you?

lilah

no its fine

I don't need to go

scooter 🛴

u sure?

I looked like you might need stitches on ur eyebrow

lilah

that is so dramatic

im fine

scooter 🛴

ill drag u to the nurse myself.

lilah

god fine, ill go

Slipping some shoes on, Delilah opened the door to her dorm and walked to the nurse. Once she got there she was greeted by a middle aged woman with black hair and glasses.

"Hi honey, what can I do for you- Oh my, what happened there?" The nurse started but stopped when she looked up and saw her face.

"Uhh, hockey." Delilah rubbed her uninjured eye.

"I see. Take seat." The nurse instructed and Delilah sat in one of the chairs she had in the office.

The nurse pulled out a form and handed it to her with a pen. "Fill this our please."

Delilah quickly filled in the boxes, her name, date of birth, how she got hurt, etc.

"Here," Delilah said, handing it back.