EIGHT 08. Fight

third person point of view

Delilah woke up at 5 am to her phone ringing. Delilah quickly answered it without looking at who it even was, not wanting to wake Julie but soon noticed she wasn't even there.

"Hello?" Delilah groggily asked

"I'll be at your dorm in ten, be ready." Scooters voice said.

"What?" Delilah just asked.

"We're playing J.V."

"I thought that wasn't for a while?"

"It isn't, but we're playing them today because Charlie was bitching about being able to take us whenever."

"Scott, I don't know if I wanna play them." Delilah confessed, embarrassed.

"Really? You're not even a little bit mad about what they did to you?" Scooter asked.

"What did they-oh yeah. I forgot about that."

"So, you in or not?"

"I guess, is Adam playing?"

"Oh yeah, Rick wasn't gonna let him not."

"So he was gonna make me play regardless of what I said."

"Yeah, I just wanted you to feel like you had a choice."

"Mm, I'll be ready."

"Great." 

Delilah hung up and got out of bed. She went into the bathroom in the dorm that only had a toilet and sink to brush her teeth. When Delilah was standing in front of the mirror she noticed the tiny red spots all over her body and how pale she looked.

After getting dressed and getting her hockey bag, Scooter knocked on the door.

"Hey," Delilah opened the door.

"Ready to go?" Scooter asked.

"Yep," Delilah shouldered her bag and walked out with Scooter.

After getting to the rink and changing the varsity warmed up on the ice, the ducks trickling onto the ice as well. 

Delilah was walking onto the ice when Julie and Connie were as well. Connie rolled her eyes when she saw her, making Delilah frown.

"Oh look Julie, if it isn't the varsity princess." Connie said in a snarky tone.

"That cake was pretty last night, wasn't it? Real nice you guys to give it to us." Julie seethed, only making Delilah mad.

"If you asked me Jules, I don't think she's really all that good. Never got the hype, probably only put her on varsity for more publicity." Connie said, trying to get under Delilahs skin.

Delilah just rolled her eyes, she would just walk away onto the ice but the two girls were in her way. Thats when Ken appeared. 

Just great. Delilah thought.

"Oh let's ask Ken about all this." Julie chirped. "So Ken, how do you feel about your girlfriend leaving you at a restaurant with a $900 check?"

Delilah just looked at the ground.

"Get out of the way." Kenny mumbled.

"Mm," Connie and Julie said before moving.

Ken went to go on the ice but stopped when Scooter walked behind them, looming over all of them.