Epilogue

Instead of carrying me straight back up to our tower room, he surprised me by heading out through the gate and carrying me down south to the very tip of the headland. There, he placed me on my feet then took off his jacket and popped it onto my shoulders. Then he stood behind me and wrapped his arms around me.

"This is the second time that Angus has got me drunk," I slurred.

"I can guarantee that he's never going to do it again," he replied and it was pretty tricky to argue with that. "You'll have to find a new excuse."

"I didn't realise that this was part of the official kingly duties," I managed to say. "Sobering up your queen!"

"I'm not a traditional king," he replied, "which is probably a good thing because you can hardly be said to be a traditional queen! Trying to outdrink a gang of Royal Marines! What were you thinking?"

"I was thinking that I'm very relieved that Angus is dead. I'm sorry! Did I embarrass you?"

"Not on this occasion. But try not to make a habit of it! Apart from anything else, I can hardly imagine that it's good for your health."

"True, oh King... live forever!" I had to reply.

We stayed like that for a long time, enjoying the dramatic scenery as moonlight flashed between the scuttering clouds, highlighting the waves that were crashing onto the rocks beneath us. I understood that he was giving the brisk night air the chance to sort me out.

"You realise, of course, that the punishment for this misbehaviour is going to be... excruciating," he said at last, slipping his hand under my dress and stroking my quim through the inadequate protection of my knickers. I let out a deep sigh and sank back into him so he gave me a painful pinch to show me what I had to look forward to. Then he went back to stroking me again.

"You did it," I managed to say at last in a quiet voice. "You've been working at this for ages, haven't you?"

"I have recognised the potential for some considerable time," he replied carefully. "The job is far from complete; however a critical building block has been put in place. We've put ourselves on the map and, from here, statecraft and politics will be just as important as raw military power."

"And you're good at that sort of thing, aren't you?"

"I am extremely good!"

We stayed like that for a while longer and then, with no warning, he reached down and swept me off my feet. I guess he must have worked out that walking over that rough ground would have been tricky in my heels. He carried me into the compound and we could still hear the raucous sounds from our Royal Banqueting Hall though now they were mixed with female squeaks and squeals... though it didn't sound as if the squeakers and the squealers were altogether unhappy about the situation!

From there, he carried me on up into our little tower bedroom. Someone had even lit a fire for us in the stove and so it was pleasantly warm.

"Go and get yourself ready for bed and then remove that beautiful dress," he told me as he slipped his jacket off my shoulders. "Then lie down on your back on the bed."

When I was naked, he tied a blindfold over my eyes. He popped a couple of cushions under my lower back then he secured both my wrists and my ankles to the corners of the headboard. So I was neatly folded in half with my legs spread wide apart and my bottom bits raised up for his punishing pleasure... impossibly, deliciously vulnerable. A quiet groan of anticipation sort of rolled out of me.

Then, for a long time, he did nothing. I could feel his eyes on me so I guess he was enjoying the display... and letting my imagination do much of the preparatory work for him. I was already quite ridiculously damp!