Prey

Joy POV
——————
The tension only seemed to grow.

"Hawk?" I asked only to be received a glare.

"Never mind," I muttered snacking on my bugs. I could hear crickets chirping to cut the silence. Yummy crickets.

"Joy, if you have something to say, just say it," Hawk said rubbing his face aggressively.

"I'm sorry... it's just that, I have a question?" I said looking away at the team.

"Go ahead Joy," Astoria encouraged and Ling Ling gave me the thumbs up.

"Ok." I took a deep breath

"Hawk, do you like the mystery girl? Or the idea of her? That a person might actually care about you who's not your family?"

Travis gasped, "you can't talk like that, Joy! Hawk will get mad!"

"Actually I'm not mad," Hawk stood up. "I know I love her, I've talked with her for hours on end speaking with her until dawn's light. And I'm want to make her laugh, love and cherish her.

I can't picture myself without her and I don't want to. I want to be part of her world and her to become mine.

She takes mommy breath away by her smile. Her actions and kindness make my heart explode. I love her, and I won't lose her."

He spoke with such conviction and strength. It took my breath away.

I wish there was someone to love me that way.

Why must I stand to the side and watch others fall in love and stay in love?

Why do I have to be the one who is lonely?

"-Joy! We asked a question- are you okay?- anyway where is Rose? We have classes. She better not be skipping." Astoria tapped her foot impatiently bitting her lip to contain her rage.

"I don't know, but if I see her I'll tell her to go to class." I said as immediate worry for Rose kicked in.

"Alright, I'm gonna help my granny set up. Tell me if you see her, bye" Astoria ran off with Vigal behind her barking racing after her with its short legs.

Hawk POV
———————
I haven't been able to escape this gut feeling. This feeling, a pull, pushing me to Rose.

She haunts my mind everyday with that smile. Her lustrous blonde hair sparkling, her bright blue eyes that any star would envy.

Her image has merged into the same one as my Angel. I'm having problems to separate them in my mind.

Cause Rose is some Royal pain in my-

Ambrosia... what is she doing.

My heart beat quickens, I have problems swallowing the lump in my throat, my throat seems to be closing. I'm gasping for air, clutching my throat.

My knees feel weak, my hands are covered in a cold sweat.

Her eyes twinkle with a mischief, then I feel an overwhelming sense to listen and do as she says.

To obey.

I shake and shiver. What was I thinking about before this?

I hear a ringing in my ear, and turn to look at Ambrosia, and her image looks more and more like my Angel.

She's the love of my life... but why do I have a headache and why do I feel weak?

She starts to sing and I feel myself standing and walking to her as she is walking further into the woods.