Chapter 2

The sun is slowly rising upon the horizon. The snow is crunchy under the devil's boots. A girl is walking the demon's footsteps. She is being lead to an unknown place. It is cold but the demon's coat is keeping her warm.

Amie looks up ahead of them and sees a town built of rusted steal. There were people living in there. The chatter and laughs could be heard all the way from where they were standing. Amie seems nervous. She would rather trust a demon than humans. -"You seem bothered." Said Colt with a soothing voice, looking over his shoulder. -"Uh- no it's nothing..." Amie answered but Colt wasn't convinced. Colt stopped and took out 2 masks of his backpack. -"Take this and wear it." Colt handed Amie one of the masks. -"W-Why?" Amie asked. -"To hide our faces. Normally I wouldn't wear masks but it's dangerous when you're.. you know. A demon." Colt explained. With masks on they continued walking towards the town.

Stairs lead the way to the town's enterance. At there they are met with the town's guards. Amie is walking close to Colt. She's afraid of the people around. -"Ey! Colt! Good to see you, kid!" One of the guard's shouted down from the lookout tower. Colt waved at him and walked in through the town's enterance. There's people walking up and down. Amie walks even closer to the demon. Colt suddenly stopped and Amie slightly bumped into him. -"Here we are." Said Colt. -"Where?" Asked Amie. -"This is Liam's market. Let's go." Said Colt and walked in. Amie followed soon after.

Behind the counter was a man wearing a red scarf, counting money. He looked up at the sound of the door sqeaking. -"Ah Colt! How's it going?" The man greated Colt -"Hey Liam. Could we take a look around?" -" 'We'?" Liam looked at Colt and saw something hiding behind him. "Oh who's the scared one?" Liam asked curiously. -"I wiped out a camp and she was there. Enough chit chat tho." -"Right! This way." Liam lead them to the back of his shop. -"Is this.. safe?" Amie whispered. -"Yeah don't worry. I've known him for a while." Colt whispers back then goes after Liam.

Liam reaches under his desk and pulls out a pistol. -"There's this gun, ammo's at the usual spot and clothes are in that corner. I'll leave you to it. Call me if you need something." Liam walked back to the shop. Colt turned to Amie. -"Go and pick out some clothes. Nothing flashy." -"Okay!" Amie's busy with picking out clothes while Colt is counting himself some ammo. -"Are you done?" Asked Colt. -"Yeah I am!" Said Amie sounding happy. "Oh here's your coat. Thanks for lending it to me." Amie said as she handed the coat back to Colt. -"You can keep it. Liam made me a new one. Or I hope he didn't forget." -"Thanks!" Amie thanked Cold. Even she didn't think she would once thank a demon.

The two walked out and colt asked Liam for his coat. Liam opened a box and gave Colt his new coat. Colt paid Liam for the stuff then left the shop with Amie beside him. As they were walking out the enterance, about to leave panic errupts. Mutants have been spotted near Rust town. They are preparing to attack. Colt took Amie's hand and began to run in his camp's direction. -"H-Hey! Wait!" Amie tried to stop colt. "Aren't you trying to save those humans? They seem to trust you!" Amie argued. -"I barely know them. I don't care what happens to them. Plus if they saw how I fight they would find that I'm no human." Colt explained. -"S-So you're letting them die?" -"Correct." He answered and continued dragging Amie with him. -"If you're afraid just say it.." Amie whispered then escaped from the demon's hold. "I'll go alone then!" Amie stood up. -"So you want to die." Cold said and rested his hand on his gun. -"No. I want to help them. I won't die." Said Amie and started running back to the town. Colt pulled out his pistol and aimed at Amie. -"... Shit.." He couldn't bring himself to shoot. The demon turned back on Amie and went back to his camp.

Amie kept running untill she reached the town. She ran in throught the gates and found three mutants in front of her. They were devouring humans. She picked up a gun she found next to a dead body and began shooting at the mutants. Amie has never shot a gun before and she missed almost all her shots but even the ones that hit didn't even scratch the monster's skin. Two of the mutants began walking thowards Amie. She was cornered. One of the mutants grabbed her arm and broke it like a stick. She screamed loudly. The broken bone punctured his skin and blood was flowing down her hand. She tried running away but there were more mutants coming from the other side. She was cornered. They wasn't interested in her so they threw her into a corner like a doll. The mutants gathered around a couple laying dying on the concrete. They took the woman and decapitated her in front of her husband. The mutants tore the head into 4 pieces and ate it. Amie was watching and he realized Colt was right. She understood now.. She was truly running into a battle where dying is the only possible outcome. Cries filled the air. It was the man who's wife was killed. He cried as he watched his wife being eaten completely. Not even a bone left. The mutants tossed him a weapon. The man took it, pointed it at his head and pulled the trigger without hesitation and the gun blew a chunk out of the back of his head. The mutants cheered as the man's lifeless body hit the ground. His brains were all over the wall. Amie looked around and saw that she was the left one alive. The mutants started approaching her.