Chapter 7

The sun left the horizon at last. Darkness filled the wasteland. The two hunters left the town and headed west. Amie was concerned. -"Is Laylah going to be allright?" -"Well.. Liam is not a dog lover but I'm sure they will get along. There's no need to worry." Colt reassured her.

They walked for a good ten minutes. Colt looked at the camp through his binoculars. Something didn't seem right. There wasn't any movement. He saw someone sleeping in a tent. He looked like he was alone. Colt checked and it seemed he found the target. -"Risky, huh? How's one guy going to hurt me?" He whispered to himself. Amie looked at him. -"What?" -"Nothing. Let's go." Colt said and started approaching the tent. The smell of blood filled the air as they came closer and closer to the tent. Colt opened the tent and saw that the target was laying in a pool of blood. Most likely it was his own. He took one step inside but then heard a scream from behind. As he turned around someone knocked him out from inside the tent. As he fell on the ground unable to move or speak he watched Amie get the same treatment as him. With both of them falling on the cold filthy snow Colt saw a familiar figure watching from the shadows. Darknesse fills his world at last.

Amie feels like she's being dragged untill she's put in a vehicle of some sorts. The drive lasts a few minutes. She can't see anything. Only feel the ground shaking under her paralyzed body. She gets dragged some more untill she arrived at the destination. She's trying to figure out what happened. As she's thinking suddenly light rushes through her eyes. She suddenly woke up and opened her eyes. Her head hurts and everything seems foggy but she is a least alive. She looks up and sees a man smoking a cigar. -"Oh hey, you're awake!" The stranger said. -"W-Where is Colt?!" Amie shouted out worrying for his guardian. The man laughed and said: -"Oh don't you worry. That monster is being executed as we speak. I'm glad he didn't hurt you. Did he?" Amie stood up and grabbed an empty bottle. -"He's not a monster! He saved my life! P-Please let him go!" The man sighed and put the cigar down. -"No can do.. He took too many innocent lifes, I'm afraid we can't let him live. ... But since we're alone like this..." The man approached Amie and took the bottle form her hands. Twelve gunshots broke the silence of the night. A tear rolled down Amie's cheek. She knew it was for Colt. She lost all hope. The stranger got uncomfortably close. He started kissing Amie's shoulders. Amie was frozen. She couldn't move or talk.

The stranger tried to undress her but he was interrupted by a solider blasting in. -"Sir! We have an issue, s-sir!" The man turned around and frowned on the solider. -"Can't you see I'm busy here?" As he turned around he saw the solider bleeding from the gaping hole in his chest. He was holding his guts with one of his hands. -"S-Sir.. He escaped.." The stranger's eyes filled with terror he took a step back. Amie heard the solider's words and knew Colt was fine. She grabbed the bottle, broke it on the table, and stabbed the stranger in the throat. He fell on the ground struggling to breath. Blood was flowing from his throat to the ground. He was trying to say something but the best he could do is gag painfully. Amie took the stranger's gun and aimed it at the solider. The solider begged to be killed and Amie fulfilled his wish. She ran around the settlement looking for colt. Amie shot everyone who stood in her way. She was covered in blood by the time he found Colt.