Chapter 3

Today was exceptionally cold yet Amie can only feer warmth. It is not the warmth of a fireplace, nor is it one's of the coat the demon gave her. The adrenaline and the blood slowly dripping down on her face is what's giving her warmth. Suddenly it's cold again. She feels something lifitng her by the head. She's afriad. So afraid that she can't even open her eyes. It's just like last time, but this time it's a real monster that's in front of her. She wishes it was a demon but these abominations can't come close to deserving this title. Amie opens her eyes at last. She sees the mutants standing around her while one has lifted her body off the ground. She can feel her feet dangling in the air. Blood is dripping from her head into her eyes. Everything looks red. She can't feel her left arm but she won't dare look. She knows it's bad. The mutant grabbed Amie by her throat and started strangling her. She tries but can't fight back. Every movement hurts more and more. Her vision starts getting blurry. She's hearing screams but they seem so far away. The pain is slowly fading away. Her eyes slowly close and darkness falls onto the blurry images. At this point she can't think straight. There's almost to no oxygen left in her body. Her brain is playing images, some she knows and some she couldn't recall. She sees a face in one of those images. It seems familiar but she can't see it clearly. The images are getting darker with each second's passing. The tunnel is long and scary but at the end she begins to see a bright light. It is luring her in. There's no way back, only forward into the land where the light resides.