Chapter 9 - Amie's Ending

The wasteland is dark. The sound of gunshots rumble through the night. Amie is running away from the sounds of gunfire. She runs like never before, teardrops rushing down her face. She stops for a moment and takes out a map. She lights a match so she can see better. Suddenly she hears an explosion. With that the gunshots have stopped. No more shouting, no nothing. Just the sound of the cold winter wind as it blows out the match's flame. A last gunshot is heard.

Amie lights another match. She can't help but wonder if Colt is allright. She takes some time to find the location she's supposed to go to. Amie starts walking in the tree's direction. In the distance Amie sees the sillhoette of the very recognizable tree. Upon further investigation of the dead looking tree she find an arrow carved inside it. It point in the direction of the cave's opening. Amie finds a lantern at the cave's opening and picks it up. She lights it and walks further in. There's a wooden door. Behind said door is a hidden base with a generator inside. Amie goes inside, starts up the generator and looks for the radio Colt mentioned.

Amie finds the oldschool looking radio setup. She takes the micorphone, tunes the radio to the right frequency and starts talking. -"H-Hello? ..." There's nothing, just static coming from the radio. Untill a familiar voice answers. -"Mysterious girl is that you? Stay where you are. I'm coming." Liam spoke from the other side. Amie sighed in relieve. But there was still no word from Colt..

A few hours in and Amie hears a knock on the hideout's wooden door. She quickly hides. The door cracks open and a man walks inside. Thankfully it's Liam. -"Hey, are you in here?" He says. Amie walks out from the corner. "C'mon lets go. Laylah is waiting for you." The two headed up to the surface where Liam has parked his car. Amie opened the passanger door and for her suprise Laylah jumped on her and licked her face. Amie petted the dog and got into the car. Liam drived them to Colt's base to get some supplies. Amie was hugging her puppy the whole time.

At the camp they didn't take much, only the bare minimum Amie would need to stay alive for a few days. Amie looked sad scanning the empty campsite. Colt wasn't here either. But he have promised he would find Amie. Liam drove Amie back to the cave and helped her clean it. It was her new home. Liam promised to allways visit her every other day.

Amie wasn't sad. She knew Colt is really tough so he must've survived. She bets it was Colt who made that explosion to kill the rest of the soliders. So she waited and waited. A week have passed and Colt was nowhere to be seen. Liam knocked on the door to bring Amie supplies. He was about to leave but Liam remembered something. -"Oh I almost forgot. I promised someone I'd give this to you." Liam took a letter out of his pocket and handed it to Amie. Amie held it up and read it. A teardrop fell on the paper. That teardrop marks the end of this journey, Amie finally had an objective to follow.

Liam kept visiting Amie whenever he could. Amie continued to hide in the cave waiting for Colt's return.