Chapter 8

Colt's eyes were glowing bright red. Amie tried running to him but soon after an explosion blew her away. Colt was suddenly inside a ball of fire. Amie stood up and shot everyone in the area. She ran to Colt. -"Shit's gone south for real this time, huh?" Colt smiled at Amie with blood flowing out from his mouth. -"P-Please tell me you're going to s-survive..." Amie held Colt's hand and spoke with her shaky voice as teardrops rolled down her face. -"Look. I have to kill everyone here so they won't follow you.. After that I will go after you.. We will meet once again. I promise..." Colt talked like he's never seeing Amie. -"W-What are you t-taling about? ... Y-You can't j-just tell me to leave you h-here!" Amie was on the edge of crying but she stayed strong. Colt handed Amie the piece of paper he recieved from Liam. On the paper were coordinates and a poorly drawn picture of a dead tree. -"Take this. Once you get there, there should be a radio inside a cave. Call for Liam. He will go and help you." Amie looked at the note, then back at Colt. -"You're not intending on surviving, are you... ..I hate you... You- You liar.." Amie hugged Colt. -"I- ... I'm sorry. ... But if I do survive I will find you. Untill then hold onto this for me.." Colt took out his knife and gave it to Amie.

Two men showed up and they started shooting at Colt. He grabbed Amie and ran to cover. "Listen to me. Follow the note and do as I told you. I will help you escape. If you stay here and we both die then my blood was spilt for no reason, so run! ... Take good care of Laylah.." Amie hugged Colt one last time, then she ran away. Colt made sure Amie escaped, then he continued on fighting the people.