Chapter 6

Phoenix mafia headquarters

6:00

"Itsy bitsy spider went up the water spout" .... "Down came the rain and washed the spider out"... "Up came the sun and dried up all the rain" ... " So itsy bitsy spider climbed up the spout again"

"Will you shut up?" yelled the man sitting on the chair opposite Cake.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I thought you didn't mind me keeping myself entertained," she said, she showed no fear nor did her apology sound genuine. She has been faking it from the beginning.

"Look, all we want you to tell is the location of the ship" he demanded.

She sat on a chair and her hands were tied behind her, her clothes were tattered. "Hmm, what if I tell you?"

He looked at her expectantly.

"If you tell me your name," she said and laughed.

He shook his head, Cake quite didn't get what he was thinking, but she knew one thing she had to find out who Max is and get him out of there when the team arrives.

"You are gaining nothing by wasting all our time"

"Hmph" she gave a very sarcastic shrug.

"You really think whoever you are involved with will come here to save you? Don't you understand that this place is in the middle of nowhere, no one can find you here" he threatens her.

Her eyes were wide, and the man relaxed a little, assuming that she finally understood the seriousness of the situation. And then she changes his mind saying "You know you're super hot when you use that tone"

He lost his patience, he stood up and broke the chair which was in front of him. She flinches, but couldn't do much due to her tied hands.

"Do you think all this is funny?" he yells, he holds her jacket and yanks it hoping to put some seriousness in her dumb brain. "In a few minutes, they are gonna be here, they will treat you like you are less than a human, they would not even hesitate to scoop out your brains to the information about the ship, you better tell it to me and choose to be free or get ready to die"

"Okay, but if you wanted to kill me you could have done it in the Port itself, why bother carrying me all the way here?" Cake asked

"Bitch do you wanna live or not?"

"I do... I really do wanna live, but I know the moment you caught me I need to welcome death, before I die I just want to know your intentions, it's been 2 days since you held me captive, if I did not tell you the moment I woke up, you need to understand that I will not tell you anything even if I am here for the next 2 months. So tell me why am I still alive? "

He let go of her jacket and grabbed another chair and sat facing her again. "I know you were involved with whoever took the cargo and took down all our men"

"Oh you know something about me then?"

"Keeping you alive will help find out the information and tell the boss about the location of the ship"

"And who is this boss you're talking about? That lady Amanda Scott"

The man's fists tighten as soon as he heard that name and said through gritted teeth "Yes"

"Okay then if Amanda Scott herself shows up in front of me and demands the information I will give it to her I will not be talking to minions like you"

That tipped him off in a different way, he pulled her hair and yanked it back, " I am not her fucking minion"

"Urgh" Cake groaned in pain yet she said "Oh easy there tiger, my boyfriend wouldn't like it if I tell that you pulled a bunch of my hair and left me with a bald spot"