Chapter 8

"Julio," Amanda called out.

Julio stepped in front.

" Get him the drug"

"Yes Amanda, right away"

He went to the other room and came back with a metal tube, with a lever on it.

"Come on boy," Julio said "Don't give us trouble"

Max obediently looked up. He opened his eyes wide and waited for Julio to do whatever he was about to do next. Cake was all confused, Julio hovered the metal tube right above Max's open eye, he pulled the lever and something like red smoke came out of the tube and went right into Max's eye. For a second there was complete silence. Cake watched as Max slowly transformed, his veins popped out and were visible on his face, hands, and neck. She looked at his face, she was not scared at this moment because all she saw on Max's face was pain.

Max's face was fully scrunched and his eyes were shut.

1...

 2...

 3...

"Arrrrrrrgggghhhhhhh" Max's yell was deafening, it was filled with agony.

Cake's eyes were brimmed with tears, she saw with her own eyes how much pain Max was going through and she couldn't bear it. Max collapsed on the floor. He still groaned in discomfort, his face was getting redder each second and the noise was getting animalistic each second.

If Cake did not see Max right in front of her eyes making the noises she would have assumed the noise to have been a growling from some animal. Max got up on his knees and the growling continued, Cake swore she even heard the snapping of teeth. He balanced himself on his knuckles and he let out a deafening scream again, which did not sound anywhere as human as the one before.

Max opened his eyes and stared around, his eyes met with Cake and she noticed that his eyes weren't the pretty hazel brown ones anymore, they were Red. Yes Red pure blood Red and that terrified Cake, he snapped his teeth at her.

"Are you gonna tell the truth now?" Out of nowhere, Julio interrogated Cake

She was too stunned to speak as the red eyes were staring right at her as though he might pounce and kill her anytime.

" Come on bitch speak, if you don't we will let him kill you"

"What have you done to him?"

"You wanna know? Fine anyhow you are gonna be one of these too, so we will show you a sample, Amanda you wanna do the honors?" He said and handed her the tablet he was using to apparently monitor Max's vitals

"Subject Slave 297.1 activate"

Max stood up like a robot, his growling stopped and his eyes reverted from Cake's. He looked straight and stood straight like a soldier under command. But right now she wasn't scared, because they let it out that they are not gonna kill her and she is gonna be another something like Max. More than anything she was fuming from the inside, they used the name "Slave" to address Max.

It was time, she couldn't handle it anymore, she saw what they had done to Max and had enough information to give the headquarters about the location and the activities happening here.

Cake did a pretty good job at keeping her fiddly fingers intact for a long time, but it did not take her more than ten minutes to cut herself free with the help of the brass knuckles and the convertible blade. And she did it on her first day here the moment she was left alone. But she pretended to be tied up all this while.

She broke loose and attacked Julio, she gave him one blow in the jaw with her brass knuckles and he passed out on spot.

"You bitch" Amanda snarled "You... Stop her" she commanded Max and he obeyed.