Chapter 10

Sho was young, it has only been a few months since Victoria was born. Sho decided that he needs to give Victoria and his wife Emerson a decent life in the city, so he asked permission from his father the Chief of the Ember tribe to stay out of the tribe for a while, he promised his father that he was going out for the benefit of the tribe and when he comes back he will come back with knowledge, resources, and equipment necessary for the tribe's betterment.

But what he promised Emerson was completely different, he promised her that he is going to find a job and will do anything to get her out of the tribe and show her the outside world. And that is the promise that he meant from his heart.

But when he was out there with no food and no shelter he opted to do some shady work starting from pickpocketing and mugging and eventually he found a few friends who were in a similar situation as Sho, they all became this gang of thieves who went on many heists some were successful and most were not. Then the whole gang was offered money to be part of none other than the great Phoenix mafia gang, they offered insane amounts of money to mug, kidnap, smuggle and even kill.

And Sho being the young reckless and helpless, did everything he was told to do, he was just having a lot of fun doing all this shady business he forgot his purpose of being out here. Slowly Sho was recognized and he climbed up the ladder, he became the right hand of the gang leader, and one day they were given the assignment to kill the family of the director of the secret service Agency who was planning on sabotaging their whole syndicate.

They invaded the Directors' house, and the lady of the house gave them a tough fight, but it was meant for her to die today. While there was a whole fight going on Sho decided to take a look around the house to find other members of the family, they were informed that the director and his girlfriend, agent Parish shared one son around 11 or 12 years maybe.

Sho was quick enough to notice that a boy was sneaking around, but not only that single handedly he killed so many of their men, Sho was impressed he did not come in sight of the boy but still observed him and did nothing to save his men. There was something about this boy that made him think about his family again, he saw himself in the boy even though the reasons they were fighting for were completely different. The boy was fearless and would have done anything to save his mom that day even if it meant he would go down as well. It broke his heart, and that's the moment he realized that he has his own family to save and he was doing nothing to do that.

The boy was also gonna die today, so suddenly Sho had the urge to protect, and so he did. He caught the boy and trapped him in such a way he couldn't harm him, but there was something he did that he regretted most, he let the boy see his mother's death with his own eyes.

His gang leader, Julio, asked Sho to get them down to him, and the boy cried and wailed, when Julio was about to kill him, he stepped in and stopped, at the moment he couldn't think of anything rather than telling.

"Julio, you don't wanna kill him, I saw this boy killing with no fear or remorse, he is the perfect subject"

Julio was convinced, he let the boy live so that he could present this boy as the subject for their new experiment with their new drug.

Julio commanded Sho to take the boy to someplace far away, someplace where the secret service agency cannot find him. The first place he could think of was, home. His tribe was the perfect place, it was so interior no one could find them. And he did, he took the boy, he took Max to his tribe.

Intentionally or unintentionally Max was a great resource to the tribe. Max was at first too scared and cold, Emerson and baby Victoria slowly brought back the warmth and cheer in him. Max was an incredibly gifted Gunsmith, he invented so many weapons and taught the others in the tribe how to use them, he was very young, yes, but everyone loved him.