1

Jennifer's pov

I rolled out of bed this morning but I could already feel the room. Leah looked nervous. Or stressed.

She's been that way lately. I always ask her what's wrong and if I can do anything to fix it but she always tells me she's fine, but I don't buy it.

I don't why she's stressing and I always tell her she can come to me but at this point I can't do anything about it.

I'm in the bathroom right now finishing the last touch ups when Leah's comes in the bathroom.

"Hey baby" I smile at her through the mirror. She forces a smile my way. I look at her this time without the mirror.

"Baby you ok?" I ask. She looks at me but seems like she's not here mentally. " what'd you say?" She asked.

I look at her, not wanting to get in a argument this early. "Nothing babe. Never mind." I said and walk away to put my shoes on.

The intensity between us is so high, even Mariela noticed that. I don't know what to tell her when myself, I don't even know the reason.

It hurts to know she's going through things and all she's doing is keeping it inside.

All I want to do is help her but it seems no matter how much I ask, all I do is stress her out more, which I don't know why.

After putting my shoes on, Leah comes in. I look at her but she doesn't look at me.

She grabs her purse and walks past me. "Have a good day, I love you." I said softly. She nods her head. "Love you too" she says and walks away.

-

I'm coming back from work, which I'm kind of excited for, not because I'm finally off work, but I had my assistant make reservations at Leah's favorite restaurant.

I just want to have alone time with her. Mariela's older now, so I could drop her off at Leah's mom house.

I've been waiting all day to go home to surprise Leah. I know it won't do much but I want to get her mind off things for a little while.

Once I get home I see Leah's car there. I already get nervous.

I pull the keys out the ignition and head inside.

I close the door and see Mariela watching tv. "Hey baby" I said and kiss her head. "Hey" she says amused by the tv.

"Mama and me are gonna go out tonight, you're gonna stay over at grandmas okay?" I told her.

"Okay, am I sleeping over?" She asks pausing the movie.

"Most likely" i smile. She tilts her head looking at me. "Okay" she says.

"Speaking of mama, where is she?" I ask her. "Upstairs" she said and plays the movie.

I go upstairs and open our closed door. Leah was on the phone. She was smiling.

"Hey beautiful" I make my presence known.

She looks at me, forcing a smile. "I gotta let you go. I'll talk to you later" she says and ends the phone call.

I walk up to the bed and sit on the edge. "Who was that?" I ask softly.

"Someone from the office" she said and sits up going to the bathroom.

"Wait I have something to tell you" I said.

She stops in her tracks and looks back at me raising her eyebrows. "What is it?" She asks.

"I booked us a reservation at Vivian's." I said and she smiles.

"For what?" She asks and sits on the corner of the bed.