Capitol Dinner

I walk out of the room into the dining cart, what I see makes my mouth water. Food upon food upon food. Chicken, steak, lamb, goose, and other meat I've never seen in my life. Then there's the bread, different kinds of seasoning and flavors, then so so many vegetables, most of which I don't even know the names of. And then the dessert! Back in district 5 we could only afford desert on New Year's Eve. The cart is lined with something called Soda and ice cream and even something called, hot chocolate ? Whatever it is it smells wonderus! And there's so many cakes, fruit, " crepes " , pie , "cupcakes " , pastries and everything in between! It is amazing! I slowly walk over to the cart. I grab a plate and fill it up with one of everything. I'm surprised to see fish as they only live in district 4 and the forest outside the district bounds. Once I am seated I have 2 plates. I haven't ate anything since 3 days ago. In our district food is hard to come by. On my plate I have a slice of gourmet bread from each district, I have two drinks , orange juice and hot chocolate. I have a bowl of ice cream. Some fish baked in some delicious sauce, chicken soup, French fries, steak, rice, and a big slice of chocolate cake. I have only had one morsel of cake in my whole life, about 3 years ago in my 7th foster home ( people were dying off because of a food shortage and a plague) anyways, they were taking in all the " Street children" during a huge storm and I was one of those street Children. They had bought a small piece of cake and we all got a small bite. It was one of the most delicious things I had ever tasted. Unfortunately they died 3 weeks later from disease and food loss. Once I finish my first plate I am full, for the first time in 12 years. I am full. I look across from me and see Andrew, he is eating plate after plate.

He is going to be so sick later!

I think.
I see 5 empty plates next to him. We are both alike, we have never been full in 12 and 18 years. So I guess we should embrace the moment and stuff ourselves for the next few days. Before we are forced to kill each other. I start on my second plate when our mentor comes in, Laney Jostle. She won the games when she was 15. She won the 76th games, . The arena was a tundra Making her 30 years old. She won from sponsors. 17 of the tributes died in the first 3 days. She was on the brink of life when she got a gift of warm clothing. She waited until everyone froze and then a mutt killed her final competitor. She makes a plate of food and sits down.
" Hello. I'm truly sorry you were chosen for the games. I am here to help you guys win. Tomorrow I will have a 30 minute one on one time with both of you. We will discuss strategies and your skills. Now, who would like to meet first?" She asks. Her voice is so kind and forgiving. " Um... Is it okay if I go first?" Andrew pipes up. " Of course!" Says Laney. " Is that okay? " she says motioning to me. I nod my head in reply. We eat in an awkward silence while the train cart quickly makes its way to the Capitol. " Would you two like to watch today's reapings?" Asks Laney. " Okay." I mumble, nodding. " Sure! " says Andrew. Almost excited. We file into the living room portion of the train.

Authors note- Sorry this is a short chapter! It's just a filler but the one on one sessions will be sad . They will reveal Andrews POV and his backstory. 😓 My next chapter is just a list of all the tributes