The Games - Day 3

I woke up to the birds chirping, stomach growling, and a pounding headache. I look around to see that everyone else is awake.
" Today we hunt. We don't eat anything we catch or gather until we meet back here and we all inspect it. If you truly need something to eat you can eat our rations from the cornucopia. I've packed all of our bags with enough survival supplies to last a day in case we get lost. " Says Rye strictly.
" Will we be going in groups? " asks Bridget.
" Yes. The groups are as follows. Nathan and Melanie. Bridget and Cecilia. And then I'll be going on my own. If anything happens run back here. As you can see I've set up 3 piles of wood and leaves that will smoke. If any of you guys come back here in trouble. Light this. I know it could attract other tributes but all of us will know. Good luck. See you at supper." Says Rye. And with that we sling our bags over our shoulders and start to walk. Nathan and I walk through the forest. In two hours we catch 2 rabbits and fill up our water bottles. We're moving at an extremely slow pace.
I can hear our stomachs growling.
" Nathan, can we sit down and eat something really quick?" I say.
" I thought you'd never ask." He says with a light laugh.
We find a log and sit down, ripping open the crackers and splitting them evenly. We eat in silence and then continue with our hunt.
5 hours later the sun starts to set and we gathered/caught 4 rabbits, a bag full of roots and berries that Nathan recognized, some mystery tree nuts, a strange possum/raccoon hybrid and water. When we get back to camp everyone else is there. We lay out our goods.
7 rabbits
6 fish
15 roots
A handful of tree nuts
Enough water to last us all 1 week
3 different types of berries
And 3 opossum/raccoon hybrids.
We light a fire and cook one rabbit for each person. We split up the roots and eat them. We eat the berries and a few tree nuts and for the first time since the Capitol, I feel full.
There have been no deaths today. I am grateful for that but I know the audience is going to get bored, fast. That's why we ate so much. To replenish our lost nutrients and energy to prepare us for tomorrow. There's bound to be some deaths and it won't be any of us.

A/N - Sorry for the short chapter and the fact that I hardly ever update! Thanks so much for 315 views! My next goal is 400! Thanks so much for reading. Your support is appreciated! I'll try and update more but I can't promise everything because my birthday is next week, I have a swim meet, then I have a swim show and THEN I have junior Olympics but I'll try my best! Thanks again and don't forget to comment, vote and share with family and friends! ( I love comments so much )