𝙯𝙚𝙧𝙤. 𝙩𝙬𝙞𝙣𝙨

Twins were uncommon among Na'vi women. Rare cases have been documented of two babies in one birth. The last birth of twins in the Omaticaya clan was years ago, before the war and early into the colonization by the RDA. Two little boys followed a painful birth, one after the other. The last Neytiri heard of it was when she was young, as Mo'at reminisced about the rare moment.

She didn't expect to, after painful hours of labor, feel the contractions of a baby again.

Neytiri's back arched in pain, head thrown back as another scream clawed through her throat at the pain. For a moment, she thought it was death. Giving a quick glance down at her belly, which still held a bigger shape, the first thought that crossed her mind wasn't twins. In fact, she couldn't think at all.

"Ma Jake," she whispered as she steadied her breathing. "Another is coming, I feel it." The light rain pattering on the forest floor quickened with heavier drops.

Jake did the thinking for her. Another baby. Two in the same labor. Twins. "Tommy," he voiced his thoughts in a mutter. Images of his late twin brother appeared in his mind like they happened yesterday. Running around a polluted Earth, growing up together, parting ways when Tommy wanted to be a scientist and Jake joined the Marines.

God, they could have never been more different.

When was the last time he thought of his twin brother? The boy he was born side by side with, the older brother by mere minutes he adored and attempted to protect? Ever since fatherhood knocked on his doorstep, he couldn't get anything other than his kid out of his head. Tommy didn't deserve this treatment, especially with nobody else for his memory to live in.

He looked over to Mo'at, panic in his gaze. "You said twins were impossible,"

"I said," she narrowed her eyes at his inaccuracy. "Twins are rare. It is not impossible."

Jake's next kid, the second twin, came with great pain and blood. It was difficult and harder than the first had been. Apparently, the second wanted to be difficult. When they grew older, he would have to bring this up every second of the day when they misbehaved, as kids usually do.

The height of the second birth was when things turned violent. The brink of the storm rolled over, rain raging against every leaf of a tree. Thunder rumbled throughout the forest, echoing with low growls and quakes in the floor. It was hard to hear with Neytiri's wails and the thunder outside. Jake could just barely hear Mo'at's encouragement to his mate. The turbulence continued, even when the woman squeezed his hand tightly and cried out.

The moment the second child began to come out was when the storm was at its peak. The rain thrashed against the sky, raging against the constraints holding it back from complete chaos. The intensity struck quick and hard, snapping forward over and over like a whip.