𝙛𝙞𝙫𝙚. 𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙚𝙢𝙗𝙡𝙖𝙣𝙘𝙚

Jake doesn't know how much longer he can tolerate his eldest daughter's face. He really doesn't.

Neteyam looks like Neytiri. He has her heart, her responsibility, but he also has Tsu'tey's talent. Oftentimes, Jake sees his late friend in his eldest son. The pain isn't bad. Neteyam brings him those bittersweet memories of flying beside his brother in a battle Tsu'tey would never see the end of. Neteyam is his boy, his pride, his first of kin.

Kiri isn't anything like himself or Neytiri. She's like a clone of Grace, though Jake didn't know her in her teenage years. Kiri is witty and sarcastic, bold and an old soul. She's got this way with the animals of Pandora, from the little insects on the ground to the wild ikran. Kiri reminds Jake of the times he spent with Grace in the floating mountains, back when he still drove his avatar and learned the ways of the Na'vi.

Lo'ak, despite his taste for rebellion, is the wild child. Jake would never say the boy was a black sheep out loud, but he was. His other children were all obedient, while Lo'ak couldn't listen to directions for the life of him. No matter how easy something was, like staying at home without leaving, the boy just couldn't follow. Jake likes to think Lo'ak is just an amplified version of himself as a teenager.

Tuk is a rule follower and a father's girl. She is honest and loyal, always telling the truth and reporting everything back to her parents. Jake sometimes can't believe someone like Tuk came from him and Neytiri. She was significantly younger than her siblings and their age gaps, and she kept her childlike innocence. Only time could tell what Tuk would become as she got older, but Neytiri always says her youngest daughter will stay the same.

And then there was Sersei. Jake always thought of Sersei last. It wasn't because he loved her less—no, Jake thought he might love her the most. But thinking of Sersei for longer than just a slight moment brought him great pain. Thinking of his other kids got him smiling, memories of fun family times playing through his mind. Thinking about Sersei brought Jake back to his life on Earth; specifically, the day he saw Tommy's face for the last time before he was burned and cremated.

Sersei was, if Jake had to put it into words, hopeful. Too hopeful. She liked to believe in the good of people—the benefit of the doubt. Jake remembers once when Neytiri got pissed beyond usual when Spider was hanging out with Kiri, Sersei came to her mother and calmed her down with words. The girl persuaded her mother to calm down, to believe in the good of the human boy.

Jake remembers Tommy's little freckles. They were faint and tiny, even when they were boys. Once, when the two got a hold of a pen, they connected the dots of his most prominent ones. In a weird coincidence, they made the shape of a star.

If it's dark enough, Jake could see the placement of his brother's freckles on Sersei's face in the form of her white dots. Their glow was brighter than the other bioluminescent dots littered across her face and body.