𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩. 𝙪𝙣𝙚𝙭𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙞𝙣𝙖𝙗𝙡𝙚

The sun set over the horizon, illuminating the water with every ripple and wave and reflecting just the right amount of light

Sersei thought the view from the forest looked better—especially when there wasn't some lady who didn't even know her complaining about her capabilities as a future Tsahik. If she could, Sersei would have talked back to defend her honor.

Stupid social anxiety.

"Okay, Sullys, fall in." Jake commanded, rounding the corner to the small marui they situated in.

Trailing behind her two brothers, she scowled at the harsh edge to Neteyam's words. "Remember? Family meeting," he yanked Lo'ak by the arm and pulled him down to the ground.

Sersei briefly rubbed her younger brother's shoulder to comfort him before she squatted next to him with Tuk on her left.

"Come on, take a knee, let's go." He ushered them. "Okay," Jake started, "I need you kids on your best behavior. I mean it. Learn fast, pull your weight." Then he directed his attention to his youngest son. "Don't cause trouble, got it?"

It almost felt like a personal attack to him. "Yes sir." Lo'ak nodded, earning a hand to the nape of his neck by Neteyam. The younger boy snarled sharply and swatted his older brother away, earning some form of a smile from Sersei.

It was brief, but distracted her for a mere moment from her own insecurity. It was no secret Lo'ak couldn't stay in line—even if it was important.

"I want to go home," Tuk choked out, tears streaming from her eyes as she turned to their father. Her ears turned down as she hastily wiped at her cheeks.

Neytiri sighed. "Oh, Tuk."

"Tuk," Jake swallowed, taking her small hand in his, "this is our home now." Then, he turned to the rest of their siblings. "Now we're gonna get through this," he assured. "We're gonna get through this if we have each others' backs, alright?"

To prevent her from worrying too much, Sersei lifted Tuk off the raised bin she was sitting on and brought her close. She mimicked the position her father had the girl in earlier and rubbed her hand comfortingly over her back. "It's gonna be okay, Tuk, I promise." She whispered in her little sister's ear.

"What does your father always say?" Their mother looked around for the answer from her children.

"Sullys stick together." Neteyam was the first to answer.

Sersei brought the younger girl away from her shoulder and let her swivel her head around. "What does he say, Tuk?" She asked, wiping the drying tears from under her eyes.

"Sullys stick together," she mumbled.

"Sullys stick together, exactly.." Sersei repeated with a light smile.