𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧. 𝙝𝙤𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙜𝙚𝙨

One of the things Jake remembers Tommy saying, even after all the years have passed, was his persistence to remain kind. No matter how many times he was knocked down by the corrupt society back on Earth, he would still repeat his stance.

Even when Jake was the younger one and acted older, Tommy still advised his little brother. When they were younger, Tommy was pissed at Jake for getting into a fight over someone calling Tommy names.

"You may think I'm weak, the way I don't do things like you do, but please be kind. This is how I fight, and I'm sorry it's not with guns or knives." Jake could still hear his older brother's words in his mind after all those years.

Sorry Tommy, Jake thought as he knelt before the Tree of Souls, begging Eywa for help to fight against the Sky People for good. Kindness isn't an option against these guys.

How did Sersei keep her heart? How could she see war and battle and still believe in the good of people? When she faced pure evil, how could she find kindness?

For the rest of the night, Jake sat on the cold ground and collected the scattered pieces of his soul and mind. If he let himself think for just a moment too long, he was afraid of what he would find.

Sersei trailed slowly behind her siblings and Spider. They lept and ran across, shouting random things and laughing. She was silent the entire time, keeping her gaze on the ground.

Tagging along with her younger siblings never felt more draining. The girl just wanted to go back to High Camp and stay inside the entire day. Sersei rubbed her eyes to wipe away the burn of keeping them open, keeping quiet with her lack of focus on whatever Lo'ak was complaining about.

Rolling her eyes at the slow pace the four were walking at, she sighed and looked down at the log below her feet. Just next to it were footprints. Sersei stopped in her tracks, motioning with her hand for the rest of them to stop. Her isolated attitude washed away in a heartbeat.

Their chatter stopped. Sersei dropped down to the mud and knelt closer to the tracks. "Shit, Lo'ak, you see that?" Her eyes flickered to her younger brother, who followed her steps and stared at the mud. "What do you think it is?"

"That's way too big to be a human," he observed.

"Avatars?" Spider piped up.

Sersei looked over at the human boy and shook her head. "No, can't be. No avatars go this far." She shrugged and bit her lip at the sudden thought. "Not ours, at least." Could the RDA have created more artificial Na'vi? It was possible, considering they were the ones who made the original avatars driven by the scientists at High Camp.

Her head snapped up for a moment, crouching down low to the ground and moving forward with her gaze focused on the prints. "Quiet," she whispered.

Lo'ak and Spider followed behind, with Kiri and Tuk in tow. They weren't hunters, nor did they have much experience at all. "What are you doing?" Kiri asked with her brows furrowed.