𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣. 𝙟𝙪𝙙𝙜𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩

"Hey Sersei?" Neteyam asked quietly as the pair laid on the grass clearing in the forest. The spot became a second home for the young twins to flee to in their spare time.

"Yeah, Nete?" The girl responded, craning her neck to the side to see his face. "What is it?

The boy gulped thickly. "What if we led the clan together? You as Tsahik, me as Olo'eyktan. We could find heirs to the title in the village and train them when we're older. That way we can always be together."

"I don't think I'll be the next Tsahik, brother." Sersei found his words humorous, lips perking up at his foolish idea. "I'm no healer and I have no time for responsibility. Plus, I don't even know if I have the eyes to see the will of Eywa."

"But what if?" Neteyam sat up and leaned his weight on his elbows, a new fearful look in his eyes. "The clan knows I'm the greatest warrior of my age. Father will surely name me Olo'eyktan and I don't know if I can rule without you-"

"Brother, please," Sersei followed his movement and sat beside him, bringing her legs inward and draping her arms around. "We are too young to think of this. Grandmother will find another to replace her role and we will spend eternity in the forest. I am not going to be Tsahik ever, Nete, I can promise you that."

Sometimes, Sersei wishes she was in denial as she was all those years ago. When his foolish idea was merely a theory. Now more than ever, Neteyam was on his way to be named the next Olo'eyktan after Tarsem took over for their father and Sersei was already named the next Tsahik.

She wonders what she could possibly accomplish if she wasn't the heir. If Mo'at hadn't lured her into the healing tent to whisper in her ear the final words to seal her fate.

Sersei was doomed for duty and nobody could stop it.

By the time both twins were the right age and the Sky People would leave, Neteyam and Sersei would return to the forests of the Omaticaya and be crowned the Tsahik and Olo'eyktan of their people. They would guide their people and die amongst the forest.

Born as twins who would command side by side as the pair they were born to be.

It's funny how everything can change in barely a day.

Sersei never believed she would be the one to hold the title of next Tsahik. Her mother was the one meant to inherit the position, not her. Sersei spent years hearing her mother ramble about the healing techniques she learned while the young girl rubbed her sore arms from the hours of the day spent hunting.

Never in her life did Sersei think Mo'at would decide to skip over her own daughter and choose the eldest daughter of Toruk Makto.

Then again, she never expected to leave her home of the forest for the reef.