Heavy Mortal Hopes

I slowly open my eyes to find I'm in the greenhouse

I slowly open my eyes to find I'm in the greenhouse. "Hey there buddy," Silva says as he sits down next to me. "Are you feeling better Silva?" I ask. "Shouldn't I be the one asking you that? That was quite the stunt you pulled Stef." "I don't care I'd do it however many times I have to if it helped you. I can't lose you Silva you are more of a father than Andreas ever was to me." "And you are my son Stefan but don't be so quick to judge Andreas, he had his faults but in the end he just wanted to protect you and your brother." "You don't get it, you don't get how hard he made it for me." "You're right I'm sorry Stef, what did you do to me?"

"I'm not completely sure actually, last year I saw a bird on the ground, broken wing, taking its last few breaths, and I just felt for it, I picked it up and then I saw these black marks on my wrists. Almost like they were being transferred from the bird into me. It didn't really hurt because it's such a small animal but your pain yesterday.. I don't know how you lived through that." "You helped a lot S, after you did that I felt more relief, more peace. Thank you son" Silva says as he puts his hand on my head. "Now when you're feeling better you should go see Sky and all your friends, they've been worried sick, hell Harvey practically had to drag Stella from your side."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Stefan your up already?" Sky says embracing me into a hug. "Yeah can't keep me out for too long," I reply with a small smile. "What the hell happened I saw black veins all over your body I was worried sick I thought I thought you weren't gonna wake up." "Hey I'm here and I'm okay alright." I say and then explain to him my recent powers. "I'm worried about Silva," Sky adds. "Yeah me too but we'll figure this out okay he'll be fine." I reassure him and bring him into a hug once again. "Love you Stef" "Love you too big bro"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As I walk into the suite I'm immediately attacked with hugs and "how are you feeling's" I then tell them I'm alright and there's nothing to worry about as I ask what I just walked in on. "Terra wants us to go to the party," Bloom says. "Stefan I know you just had to deal with a lot so I totally understand if you don't want to go I just want to show everybody that we're cool and and fun and-" Terra says as Musa finishes her sentence "Hot?" I laugh as I say "Of course I'll come with you guys I'm fine seriously you guys don't have to worry about me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Terra no way you made weed brownies! You mind?" I say while laughing. "Yeah! I can be a cool nerd have a couple." "Thanks Ter these are really good." I say and both Musa and Terra just laugh as they watch me stuff my face. I then feel two hands grab my shoulders "Stef let's go, beer pong duties brother," Sky says escorting me to the table as I wave bye to Musa and Terra.

After way to many drinks with Sky, Aisha, Bloom and Riven I find myself in a random room with Riven, Dane and who I've met to be Beatrix. "Never cover your face, that's one of your only good qualities," she says to Riven "She's not wrong," Dane agrees. I start zoning out but then back in at the mention of Terra. "Don't be an asshole she made them for everybody," Dane said to Riven. "No she didn't she made them for you." Riv says as he points at Dane and he begins speaking again "She's so thirsty for your dick it's embarrassing." "Watch your mouth Riven," I say. "Or what Stefan you wouldn't do shit." Not wanting to get into a fight with Riven right now I just stay quiet.

"Shotgun me," Dane says to Riven. "What about your girlfriend," He replies. "Who?" Dane asks genuinely confused. "You know weird-ass fat girl who loves plants, brownies." Riven says and my rage just builds up. "She can go fuck a flower," Dane says and the both start laughing as I get up with my fist in a ball. "I told you to watch your fucking mouth Riven," I say right as I clock him in the jaw. Dane tried pushing me back but I pushed him harder straight into the wall. Riven then got up and hit me hard twice in the face. I could already feel the metallic taste of blood on my lip but I keep going. I hit him back once more. "Never talk about any of my friends like that ever again Riven or I swear to god you won't have a tongue to talk with." I say as I storm out of the room towards the suite drunk and beaten up.

I then open up the door to my room except it looks different. "What are you doing?" A voice calls out from the bed. "Ahh shit wrong room sorry, are you crying? Is everything alright?" I ask and she gets up from the bed to look at me and she was crying.

"Oh my god Stefan what happened to you sit down." Stella demands and I obey. "It's nothing I'm fine," I say not realizing the bruise forming and the dried blood on my white shirt. "Stefan this is not fine. You come into my room in the middle of the night mistaking it for your own, you smell like a bar and you're covered in blood. Now tell me this instant what happened."

"I just got into a little disagreement with Riven, that's all." I say as she wiped the blood off my face with a towel. "You don't have to do this I'm a big boy, I can take care of myself princess." I tell her. "Yeah cause you've been doing a great job at it lately."She replies as her voice breaks and a tear starts falling down her face. I put my hand on her cheek and wipe away the tear, not realizing how close we are. "Now what's wrong Princess?" I ask softly. "I'm tired Stefan, I'm tired of pretending to be the perfect Princess of Solaria, it's stupid." "I don't think it's stupid Stel. Have I ever told you how beautiful you look when you cry?" I say gazing in her eyes and we both smile. "I missed you," she says quietly. "I missed you too," I reply and she leans in closer to my face. I then feel her soft lips as she pulls me into a passionate kiss like we've both been longing for this. But this isn't how I wanted it to go, not drunk, blood everywhere, her crying. We're both in vulnerable states right now. "I should go," I say softly as I pull away.
"Goodnight Stef"
"Goodnight Stel"