2 | 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒄𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕

🌑

...🌑...

PRESENT, Mystics Falls

𝐀𝐮𝐠𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟗

"You need to be careful."

I rolled my eyes. "Nice to hear from you, sis."

"Vampires are back, Selene." Orianna pointed out. "You need to be on your guard."

I looked stared at the grill as I sat in my car. "I know how to protect myself, Orianna."

"I know you do." Orianna sighed. "But we don't know how old this vampire is or if it is only one. I can't be there to look out for you."

My sister's concern for my well-being is in the right place, but I've honed my powers as a witch since I was born. Most kids grew up and went to school or hang out with friends.

On the other hand, I had spells and potion classes drilled into me until I didn't need to look into a grimoire to find the most basic spells.

I was prepared to hang a vampire attack no matter how old or young they were.

"I should have gone to college there." Orianna's voice broke through my thoughts.

"You wanted to learn more about our father," I told her. "The last place he was seen was in New Orleans, right?"

"Yeah." Orianna breathed. "But apparently, a vampire runs this town, and the witches and humans fall in line."

I leaned back in my seat, muddling over her words. "Be careful."

"I will," Orianna promised. "How was school?"

"Same old, same old." I breathed. "Tanner still hates me. My friends are the same. Oh, we got a new student."

"Is he hot?" Orianna asked. "Because I think you should get out there. Live a little."

I rolled my eyes. "I talk to you later."

I put my phone in my pocket before getting out of my car. I glanced before I jogged across the street towards the patio outside the grill.

"Well, I was talking to Grams, and she said the comet is a sign of impending doom." Bonnie began. "The last time it passed over Mystic Falls, there was lots of death. So much blood and carnage created a bed of paranormal activity."

"Yeah, and then you poured Grams another shot, and she told you about the aliens." Caroline joked.

I plopped into my seat between Caroline and Bonnie. "Be nice, Care."

"So then what?" Caroline pushed her gaze on Elena.

"So then nothing," Elena said, folding flyers in half.