7 | 𝒂 𝒅𝒆𝒂𝒅𝒍𝒚 𝒉𝒂𝒖𝒏𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒉𝒐𝒖𝒔𝒆

🌑

...🌑...

PRESENT, Mystics Falls

𝐎𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟎𝟎𝟗

"You're distracted, child,"

I peered through my lashes at Shelia. "I'm not."

"Don't lie to me," Shelia warned. She sat across from one of the brown couch in the living room. "Out with it."

I sighed. "I've been having this dream."

"About?" Shelia asked.

"Damon," I revealed.

"Oh," Shelia frowned. "You don't have to be afraid that Damon's going to kill you. None of the witches will let that happen."

I looked out the window. "That's not it."

"Okay," Shelia said, sitting up. "Then what?"

"Have you ever felt like you knew someone but couldn't place where?" I asked. Shelia frowned. "Every night when I close my eyes, I see Damon, and he's different. He's kind. But I know that's not Damon, at least not the one I know."

"I see," Shelia said. "Does he talk in these dreams?"

I nod. "Yes, but it's distant, and I can't always make out what he says."

"Let's pick this up after Bonnie gets her," Shelia suggested. "I don't want to confuse her."

She was right, and I knew when to pick my battles with her, and this was not one of them.

I pulled out my phone as it rang. "Elena?"

"Meet me at Stefan's." She rushed out.

I pulled my phone away from my ear as the line went dead. "I got to go."

"Be careful." Shelia voiced.

"I will."

It only took me thirty minutes to get to the Salvatore boarding house. I locked my car, walked up the gravel road, and pushed the halfway-open door wider, stepping into the house. I didn't want to get involved with the Salvatore brothers any more than I already was, but Elena is my best friend, and I would drop everything for her.

"Elena?" I called out.

"Oh really?" A voice echoed. "And how long have you been preparing the 'you're not good enough' speech? I'm assuming it predates the whole vampire thing."

"All I am saying is Jeremy is not getting involved in any of this. I mean it, Vicki." Elena said.

"Or what?"

A crash reached my ears, and I ran through a hall and stopped outside the kitchen. My eyes widened in alarm at Vicki holding Elena against the wall by her throat.