Bad ending. || cannon ending

TW: mention of SU!C!D3, hints of ED

"Will Gold has been showing some signs of counsciousness lately," 

Tommy had ran to the train station, forgetting his socks while doing so. 

Can you blame him? His brother

Tommy was so excited. 

"Thanks for letting me staying over, ma'am." Tommy thanks once more, arranging his suitcases. 

"Tch, tch. Nonsense, you have been paying for this room for me Tommy, of course i'll let you stay here." The woman reassured him, Tommy smiled at her fondly. 

"I also know you've been mourning, i.." 

The conversation ended there. 

Tommy was sitting in front of Wilbur's room. Excited to see his sibling after such a long time. 

Soon enough, a nurse came out. Tommy jumped off his chair, was it his time to visit? 

"Can i g-" "Kid, do you mind asking for Dr. Phillip and Mark? I need some help here." 

Tommy hesitantely nods, then goes back to the reception center. "Uh, a nurse asked for Dr. Phillip and Mark at room 78." Tommy explains. 

The man at the reception nods and seems to go make a phone call. Tommy decides it's best to just wait in front of Wilbur's room again. 

After a bit, Dr. Mark came up to him. "Uh, Thomas Simons right? Step-brother of Will Gold?" Tommy nodded. 

"Have you.. been the one paying for Will's healthcare?" Tommy nods, "only the bits that the insurance can't cover, i suppose." he explains. The man nods. 

"Well, we might need to give him a surgery. Turns out, most of the pain Will Gold has been suffering through was a collapsed lung, which is very risky. 

A collapsed lung if when there is air in the pleural space - the area betwen the chest wall and the lung -  We immediately tried to fix it, but something was blocking the tube entering the area. 

Turns out, a sharp piece of glass window and entered one of the major scars on Mr. Gold's chest, finding its way in with the help of the ocean water they've been found the beach on." 

Tommy was horrified hearing those news. Why were doctors always so precise when it comes to injuries? 

"And doesn't the insurance cover it?" The doctor shakes his head. "The insurance has been quote on quote too overwhelmed with the amount of their client's surgeries, and not wanting to cover this life threatening surgery. 

Will you be able to pay it instead, sir?" 

Tommy nods, "Where do i pay?" "Reception center, tell him you're paying for lung surgery in room 78." Tommy nods, and goes to pay. 

Tommy tells Wilbur's mother about the surgery later tonight, telling her that it was already covered and payed. 

the woman apologizes for using the young man's money so much, but Tommy reassures her that it was fine, and that it was his choice to pay for all of it. 

Soon, the day ended, Tommy refused to eat dinner, claiming that he wasn't hungry and was just tired, and went to sleep on the couch, Despite Wilbur's mother insisting for him to take her bed instead.