十五 - FIFTEEN

NOTES ⟡ 
Woah! Longer chapter than usual!

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

" "  MUGEN TRAIN  " "

SITTING next to Rengoku, you swing your legs back and forth slightly.

There seemed to be a familiar presence all around the train, yet you couldn't exactly locate it.

You frown before you realize a familar person entered the compartment.

"Demon-sister boy." You call, making him look over towards you.

"Ah! L/n! My apologies! I didn't notice you!" He apologizes as you shrug it off, not really caring.

"It's fine. I'm guessing you're the three lower ranks joining us?" You ask as he nods in confirmation.

"Yes!"

"Sit down," You gesture your hand to the seats across from you as he sets the box down on a seat before sitting down in the other one.

"So, demon-sister boy,"

"Uh, my names Tanjiro, by the way..."

"..."

"..."

"Demon-sister boy," You continue your sentence as he sweatdrops, "what made you decide to travel with a demon?"

"Uh! Well, she's someone very important to me!"

"..?" You tilt your head to the side, a silent way of asking him to explain in more detail.

"She's my younger sister, so..."

You don't say anything else, nodding silently.

Still... is she really worth commiting seppuko over?

You frown but don't voice your comments, knowing picking a fight with this kid would be pointless.

"It's you!" Rengoku suddenly exclaims as you glance towards him, "The kid from the mansion."

"Yes. I'm Tanjiro Kamado." Tanjiro says before looking towards his two friends which were sitting next to eachother on the other side of the cart.

"And this is Zenitsu Agatsuma, and this these is Inosuke Hashibira." Tanjiro introduces the two.

"I see. Also... isn't that demon in that box?"

"Right, my sister Nezuko." Tanjiro smiles, looking at the box next to him for a moment.

"Yes! I remeber that demon. Since the Master accepted her, I will keep my peace." Rengoku smiles at him brightly.

"And what brings the three of you here?" Rengoku asks the burgundy haired boy, "A mission?"

"Yes. We were ordered to join you. We received a message from a crow which let us know that casualties on this train were on the rise." Tanjiro explains the situation.