°ONE: Here comes Jia Ya°

Jia had stayed up all night tapping away on her laptop and writing the introduction page of her thesis. Recollecting every second of the afternoon she had spent with the Monkey King while going back and forth within Lilypad Lake city's library, opened for twenty-four hours a day. Searching for material that she could add to the introduction page.

Journey To The West: Familiar Tales, New Adventures, as she called it. Her thesis' title. Jia stretched her arms out as it made a popping noise and leaned back onto the chair with an exhausted sigh,

"I'm finally done!"

She pressed the Enter key on her keyboard and sent the introduction page to her research professor while wrapping her middle finger over her index finger and sticking her tongue. Jia's brows knitted against each other with an expectant expression.

"Please don't reject it, please don't reject it, please don't reject it...!"

The lass chanted akin to a whisper before shutting her eyes when it suddenly notified Jia about a new message through her email. She jumped out of surprise and hid behind her chair, reaching for the touchpad on her laptop while trembling afraid of seeing the word REJECTED in big bold letters inside the email her teacher sent her.

She pressed the key by a split second and opened her eyes slightly and saw the messages on the screen,

Dear Jia,

This is great! I'll be waiting for the rest of your thesis by the end of next spring.

Huh. She didn't reject it... thought Jia to herself  in slight shock.

"ALRIIIIGHHTTT!!! SHE DIDN'T REJECT IT!!!!"

The girl started jumping up and down in happiness when all of a sudden her mother's voice yelled from downstairs,

"Jia! Keep it down up there!!"

She gasped silently and stopped jumping.

"S-Sorry, mom!"

Jia stepped backwards from her chair and the computer then sat down on the bottom side of her bed. She stared at the floor and began thinking. Her meeting with Sun Wukong yesterday was no mere coincidence and now that the two of them got what they had wanted, there was no further need for the two to meet again.

Maybe... Maybe if she met with a certain mystic monkey again, she'd actually finish her entire thesis by going on adventures with him.

But, she isn't that kind of person. Yet Jia isn't the kind to just ignore the feeling in her chest and bottle it up,

"If you find the chance, you should come to Megapolis. I'm sure you'd get along with Tang and MK!"

Wukong's words repeated in Jia's head, she abruptly sat up. If she headed towards Megapolis now, would she be able to experience another adventure? The lass clenched her hand into a fist with excitement. Jia couldn't let her tale end. Not here and not at that moment! She deemed it to be pretty unlucky if she were to choose to just stay in place for the rest of her life.

Although, she decided that at first. Jia didn't even know that she had this side to her all along. It was also sort of an excuse to get away from her horrible classmates. After all, she had until next spring to turn in her thesis. The problem was her classes...

Jia shrugged.

A lot of kids don't attend any of the classes unless it's about cultivating their abilities anyways, thought Jia.                      
She pulled out a traveling backpack and set it down on her bed, Although... I can't disappear for a long time... And mom isn't gonna let me go that easily.