°TWO: Retrieve the Lamp, Part One°

Walking tirelessly in the orange-soaked buildings of Megapolis city, a black-haired girl of average height stumbles over an open pothole that led to the sewers of the city. Unbeknownst to her, a small humanoid figure exited the pothole just as tired as her when she accidentally stepped on them.

Jia thought it was the sound of a fly getting crushed underneath the soles of her shoes when she looked and saw a very tiny human male. Upon closer inspection she sees that he sported a red bandana and matching red pants. But wore a plain white shirt under a white dress shirt that appeared to be scratched and dirty.

"O-Oh, no-! Are you okay!! Mister small... tiny man...?"

The girl questioned with a worried expression as she gently poked the tiny male she had stepped on earlier accidentally. Jia flipped him on his back and the male began to stir before sitting up slowly and holding one side of his head,

"Ow..." The boy says in the tiniest voice possible.

Jia couldn't stifle her laughter and began to laugh out loud which made the male raise an eyebrow at her,

"S-Sorry, sorry! It's just..." she chuckled, "You're so cute!"

Now, you might wonder how she got there in the first place. This chapter begins a few hours ago as the wagon that Jia fell in entered the bustling marketplace of Megapolis and without a driver, the horse opted to stay put near an alley while eating one of the apples near to itself.

"Hey! Those apples aren't for free!!"

The owner of the fruit stall yelled and walked over to the wagon to see Jia unconscious. The owner was a stingy old man that whacked Jia on the head with his cane. This woke the girl right up, with a hand rubbing her temples she looked at the fruit vendor in surprise,

"Yeowch!!" She yelped in pain, "Hey, what was that for?!"

"Get your dang horse and get it out of here! And pay for the apples it ate!!"

"Wha..? Horse?? I don't have one!"

The old man pointed at the horse attached to the wagon,

"Ohhh... Uhh... This must be a misunderstanding," she nervously chuckled.

"See, I'm kinda new here and I don't know who this horse is... Or who he even belongs to!"

"I see... Is that so? Well then, get away from my stall!! I'll be taking the horse as payment for the apples!!!"

Jia hurriedly grabbed her traveling backpack and ran for it while the fruit vendor looked at the horse and snickered maliciously while rubbing his own hands together. The girl got into an alleyway and had her back pressed against the wall before heaving a huge sigh of relief.

"City people are scary..." She whispered to herself with furrowed brows and an anxious expression.

"Couldn't agree more," says an unfamiliar male voice.

"Whuh-?!"

The girl turned her head left and right to see no one which raised her guard up when suddenly a chuckle erupted from just a few feet above her and on the wall sticking out of a pool of shadow was a figure with a similar appearance to the Monkey King. He had dark fur covering his body and tail, and tan fur on his face, ears and hands. A feathered red marking across his golden eyes with a prominent wing with bushy black eyebrows.

"M-Monkey King...?! No- You're not him..."

"Correct. Why don't you take another guess?"

Jia furrowed her eyebrows as a sweat bead appeared on her face while the dark-furred monkey sighed before smirking,