𝐈𝐈𝐈 : alone together.

𝗔𝗟𝗢𝗡𝗘 𝖳𝖮𝖦𝖤𝖳𝖧𝖤𝖱.
# - 𝐦𝐚𝐭𝐭 sturniolo
# - 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐭 friends to lovers
# - 𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐞 intended

༄ 𝐁oston was cold.

freezing, even. Y/N watched her breath, visible within the darkening light the glowy sunset provided, dance with the chill of the massachusetts wind.

matt walked silently beside her, his arm laced with hers and his hand stuffed into his pocket.

she shivered, chills traveling down her spine suddenly and making matt jerk his head in her direction, concerned.

she laughed quietly at his protective reaction. she hung her head and smiled to herself.

they continued walking. matt's shoes made perfectly identical imprints, whereas Y/N kicked the snow about as if to not leave any evidence she were here with him. matt grinned at her antics.

all was still, and all was well.

"i am so fucking lonely," Y/N said blankly. she didnt say it with sadness, or with regret, or with guilt. but plainly, zero emotion hinting at her tone.

matt nodded. "me too."

his voice was slighly happier than hers.

"its alright, though," matt reassured, stopping in his tracks. she turned to look at his face. the bite of the cold made the tip of his nose bright pink and his cheeks flush to a cute shade of crimson.

"we can be alone together." he said.

Y/N removed her own hand from her pocket, then his. she held his warmer hand in hers, and laid a kiss upon his knuckle.

"alone together." she said.

as they walked, she could have sworn that matt stood a little taller.

" MEMORIES AINT THE SAME
WHEN IM BY YOUR SIDE, TAKE
MY LIPS, LEAVE ME TONGUE-
TIED. "

- 𝚀𝚄𝙰𝙳𝙴𝙲𝙰,
𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐓𝐎𝐆𝐄𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑.