84. The Eye Of The Snake

My friends and I started a debate and have come down to 2 characters that we are still arguing about. So I am posting this to hear from a bigger audience.

Who among these 2 are the best and loved the most?

Luna  

Hagrid

(my choice was Lupin but I'm biased xD) 

It was Sunday morning and Hermione had entered into Y/n's dormitory.

"Y/n." she called his name and lightly shook him awake.

"Hermione?" Y/n said pulling his cover's up slightly over his chest and rubbing his eyes.

"I'm going down to Hagrid's, We need to give him a sensible lesson plan." She said urgently.

"Okay..." Y/n said sleepily. "I do not really understand why you woke me to tell me that..." Y/n said then yawned. "Unless you are wanting me to come with you of course?"

"I was hoping we could all go and try to convince him." Hermione admitted.

Y/n sat up and sighed now. "I was hoping to rest some more after the disappointment of yesterday, but we cannot have Hagrid getting himself removed. If you wait outside a moment I will get dressed and wake up both Harry and Ron.

Hermione nodded then looked around the room for a moment to make sure the others were either gone or asleep before she leaned in and kissed the half-awake Y/n.

The two stayed like that for a few moments before Hermione pulled away and left the room. Y/n just smiled and stroked a nearby Noctis's ears then got out of bed. 

Once Y/n was dressed he and Hermione left to plough their way back to Hagrid's cabin through two feet of snow.

Harry and Ron had wanted to go with them, but their mountain of homework had reached an alarming height again, so they remained grudgingly in the common room, Trying to ignore the gleeful shouts drifting up from the grounds outside, where students were enjoying themselves skating on the frozen lake, tobogganing and, worst of all, bewitching snowballs to zoom up to Gryffindor Tower and rap hard on the windows.

"Oi!" bellowed Ron, finally losing patience and sticking his head out of the window. "I am a prefect and if one more snowball hits this window...OUCH!"

He withdrew his head sharply, his face covered in snow.

"It's Fred and George." he said bitterly, slamming the window behind him. "Gits..."

Y/n and Hermione returned from Hagrid's just before lunch, shivering slightly, their robes damp to the knees.

"So?" said Ron, looking up when they entered. "Got all his lessons planned for him?"

"It was a complete waste of time..." Y/n sighed sinking into the chair beside Harry's and leaving some room for Hermione.

"We did try." she said dully, sinking into the chair sitting with Y/n. She pulled out her wand and gave it a complicated little wave so that hot air streamed out of the tip, she then pointed this at her robes, which began to steam as they dried out before doing the same to Y/n's. "He wasn't even there when we arrived, I was knocking for at least half an hour. And then he came stumping out of the Forest..."

Harry groaned. The Forbidden Forest was teeming with the kind of creatures most likely to get Hagrid the sack. "What's he keeping in there? Did he say?" he asked.

"He would not tell us." Y/n said still feeling cold.

"He says he wants them to be a surprise." Hermione said. "I tried to explain about Umbridge, but he just doesn't get it. He kept saying nobody in their right mind would rather study Knarls than Chimaeras...oh, I don't think he's got a Chimaera." she added at the appalled look on Harry and Ron's faces. "But that's not for lack of trying, from what he said about how hard it is to get eggs. I don't know how many times I told him he'd be better off following Grubbly-Plank's plan, I honestly don't think he listened to half of what we said. He's in a bit of a funny mood, you know. He still won't say how he got all those injuries."