꧁1꧂

We all were listening to our parents, they were discussing in their hut. „You cannot ask this!" My mother hissed. My Dad wants us to go away and hide under strangers.

„The children, everything they've ever known, the forest! This is our home!" She yelled. I put my hand on my chest. I breathed heavily, I don't want to leave my clan.

„He had our children, he had him under his knife!" My dad told her. Tuk looked trough a whole and listened to them, like all of us. Kiri knelled next to tuk.

„Do you think we'll have to leave?" Lo'ak asked me. Before I could answer Kiri told us to be quiet. „My father gave me this bow, as he laid dying! And he said protect the people." My mother said.

Grandpas death affected her so much. „You are Toruk Makto!" She yelled „This will protect the people!" Dad yelled back. I hissed and Neteyam laid his hand on my mouth.

„Quaritch has spider and that kid knows everything!" He said and I looked at Kiri, she and spider have a great friendship, he's very important to her.

I grabbed Neteyams hand and put it off of my mouth. We all looked at each other, knowing we'll have to leave. I won't take that!

They finished discussing and our dad called us for a family meeting. We all knelled down in a circle „Children, we will have to leave." He said. „We know." I cut him off.

Lo'ak and the others looked at me with a shut-it look on their faces. „I don't get it, why can't we just fight?" I asked. „Anavari." Dad warned me. I rolled my eyes and stood up.

„No, if we will hide among strangers, he will find us sooner or later, if we fight then and drag others in this war or fight now, there's no difference." I told him.

He raised his eyebrows „Vari, sit down, we will not fight, and especially not you kids." He said to me. „Sooner or later, we'll have to!" I said, raising my voice a little.

I didn't mean to yell at him, I just don't get it. I got raised up in the forest. The forest is all I know, it's all I have besides my family and I love it here.

„Anavari." My mother now calmly warned me. „It is decided! We will leave, tomorrow!" My dad yelled. I hissed and rushed out of the hood.

I called for my Ikran, Arokh and he was flying to me. I connected the bond, fly Arokh, fly away. „Anavari!" I heard kiri and Dad yell after me but I ignored it.

I was flying around in the forest, exploring everything, enjoying everything one last time. This is not fair! It's just not fair! Why do we have to leave? The sky people already took so much from my family.

And my dad just lets them take our home too? It is so unfair! I don't want to leave, to no other clan! I would fight, Immediately, fight for our home.

Fight for our life, fight for that what we love and what we know. ‚It is decided' bla bla bla. Why can't we decide with them?! „Vari!" I heard voices yell.

I listened carefully. „Vari!" Tuk... „Anavari!" Neteyam and Lo'ak. I landed down on the grass, laying down on it, ignoring them calling for me.

I heard them coming closer but just closed my eyes. They landed next to me. I felt someone shaking me „Vari!" I opened my eyes, it was Tuk, next to her my brothers.

I sat up and opened my arms. She hugged me and I gently wrapped my arms around her „Tuk." I mumbled. „Anavari, come back, dad is not mad, he is worried." Neteyam told me.

I stood up and tuk grabbed my hand, following me. „I'm coming." I said. „I know you're mad about it, we all are." Lo'ak said. „I do not want to talk about that now." I told them.