2-0

atypical.

he was atypical.

fresh out of their mother's womb--clearly distinguished; similarity wouldn't be a word many  would describe nor even designate the two as.

a fresh course of life, twins bound to be together, yet separated with different lifestyles due to an uncontrollable, hideous looking mark from the younger brother.

the older sibling was a child, being so naive and faithful to his dream; practicing day and night to become the greatest samurai ever born.. yet, that title wasn't for him to gain--for his brother acquired it with such ease it boiled him with envy.

but prior to the jealousy deep inside the pit of his stomach; a seed of covetousness planted inside of him which will be growing and growing more into the future, everything was fine--tranquil, before a certain foreigner appeared out of thin air.

"this young lady here will be your betrothed," the man he considered as his father uttered, throat hoarse from such duties he's having. "a pact has been made between the clan. do not disappoint me, son."

that announcement given to him caught the boy looking shell-shocked.

a fiance? him?

he set his gaze upon the foreigner, his pinkish eyes widening the slightest bit from how.. foreign she really looked.

the boy stared at her in a daze of tranquility.

the (h/c)nette stared back at him, though her look contained irritation.

their fathers both looked at each other, before bowing their heads and leaving their children all alone in the room to talk amongst themselves.

the children's stare didn't stop gazing at each other's eyes, nor did they blinked.

the soft chattering of the servants outside the room could be heard, but that noise wasn't enough to break their battled concentration.

until..

he lost.

finally breaking the stare-down was the boy, having his eyes all red with tears pricking at them. he blinked several times, trying to help with his blurred eyesight.

"skill issue."

what did she just say..?

he did not know the meaning of those words, so he only let out a small, "..what?"

"L + ratio + bozo."

did he just hear her correctly..?

those first words of hers targeted towards the boy awoke something in him, a childish response already getting ready to spew out of his mouth.

"n-no one has ever called me that!" he flushed a bright shade from embarrassment. standing up, his hands raged into fists beside his torso.

raising a brow, the girl looked shameless enough to shrug her shoulders in a careless manner. "a first time for everything, then."

he felt insulted.

she was insulting him, right?

of course that was an insult!

she was definitely insulting him..

he wanted to reach something in his mind, a memory, most certainly to say a witty response back to his so-called 'fiance'. but the only thing reaching his thoughts at the moment were how his mentors cursed at each other when they were hit with a wooden bamboo during training.