Chapter 6

The next day, you're up early in the morning and make breakfast for you and Chan. The smell of food wakes Chan from his sleep as he stretches his body.

In a half awake state, Chan's steps bring him to the kitchen and hugs you from behind. You smile as you see him clinging onto you. The first thing in the morning that he did as soon as he woke up.

"What are you cooking, wifey?" Chan said in a groggy voice.

"I'm making us bread toasts. Stop clinging onto me and go wash your face."

"Don't forget to put jam on mine."

"Alright, I will. Now go." Chan leaves for the bathroom as you continue cooking.

Soon after, both you and Chan are together, eating at the small dining table. The blonde guy finished his two toasts and gave thumbs up to you.

"Was it that good?" Chan nods.

"Man, that tasted like heaven! As expected, my wifey!"

"You're exaggerating it."

"It's the truth. I've never tasted such sweet yet soft toast before. Even the crust tasted delicious."

"Well, thanks." Chan looks at the time and his eyes widen abruptly.

"I'm so damn late. Hey, I'll call you later at lunch. See you!" He hurries to leave and you laugh at his antics. How rushed must he have been that he wore a different pair of shoes.

Nonetheless, you took your time and did the dishes before going out of the student housing.

You walk your way to the bus stop and once you reach your destination, the bus arrives in time. You enter the bus and search for a place to sit.

"Y/N!"

Just then, a familiar person calls your name and you look at the person waving at you.

"Yena?" You smile as you see her and immediately sit beside her.

"What a coincidence." You said.

"I know right." Yena replied.

"Ah right, did you go home safely last night?"

"Yes I did. You?"

"Me too. Glad to hear that."

"Been quite a while since I've had a long conversation with someone."

"For real?" Yena nods.

"Me and Yuri used to do that but nowadays we're just... trying to not keep each other bored with unnecessary conversations."

"How is that unnecessary? Having a long conversation with someone would deepen the bond between you and the person." Yena pursed her lips tight.

"Well, for us it felt like having a long conversation would bore each other. We keep things short and simple."

"I think I might know the problem here."

"What is it?" Yena looks at you curiously.

"Lack of conversation. That's listed as one of the major keys of a breakup."

"Is it?" You nod.

"Long and deep conversations help to better understand each other. You would know their preferences through that conversation. Asking and answering just like that doesn't really help to strengthen the relationship."

"Why?"

"I mean it's like having a conversation with Siri. You just ask what you don't know and Siri answers it. You know it but that doesn't mean you understand it. Get what I mean?"