Part 9.5

Hajime walks down the tile steps of the Medieval Times castle carrying a mentally six year old who has his face shoved into the taller's neck. The show had finished about an hour prior but Hajime had texted Kai asking him not to pick them up for a wile. Since Tōru was regressed and crowds made him even more uncomfortable then usual. It worked out since this gave Hajime time to buy big Tōru souvenirs without a line and gave Kai the opportunity to explain headspaces to his brother who had come to visit him and his family.

Hajime opens the door with one hand the other occupied by holding the boy on his hip. As he walks out Tōru cuddles closer to the taller the sun being bright. Hajime continues walking soon seeing Kai's car. Kai quickly gets out of the car and jogs over to the two so he can say hi to his regressed son. Hajime rubs the shorter's back "Honey Lemon, Daddy's here" after a long whine escapes the smaller he slowly sits up rubbing his eyes due to the bright light.

Kai stops in font of the two giving a smile as he looks at Tōru "Hi, love bug" Tōru stops rubbing his eye and looks at Kai a tiny smile pulling at his lips as he gives a shy wave. "Hold old are you, Honey" the younger lays his head on Hajime's shoulder and sticks his thumb out his other fingers curled. Kai tits his head and glances at Hajime prompting the other to speak "That's how he says six without using two hands" Kai's eyebrows raise in realization "I see"

Kai looks back at his son "You look very pretty sweetheart, are you a princess?" Tōru being quite shy gives a little shrug. Kai purses his lips "The answer is yes, cause you're the prettiest princess" Tōru smiles as he scrunches his nose and lets out a tiny squeal his fists starting to ball as he does. The adult laughs lightly at the regressor as his brother slowly walks up.  Once Tōru notices his uncle he starts to get a bit shy once more and cuddles even closer to Hajime if that's even possible.

Haru, Tōru's uncle gives a nervous smile "H-Hey little dude...how-how old are you" Tōru gives a nervous whine only for Hajime to comfort him "It's okay bubba, he's nice go ahead and show him" the little then timidly sticks out his arm having just his thumb out. Haru tilts his head "Six?" Tōru pulls his arm back with a little lip curl and a nod a little surprised someone understood so easily.

Haru being a little uncomfortable speaks up "I-I see you like skirts did you get that today" the younger nods and sits up being happy about questions including his skirt. "It's very pretty" Tōru shifts wiggling his feet with just a little bit of happiness. Haru smiles at the little's actions mumbling "Adorable"

"I really like your crown did you pick it out" Tōru smiles and nods wiggling in Hajime's grasp. "It's very nice, you have good taste little dude" the smaller looks at him with innocently wide eyes "Did Hajime get it for you?" Tōru glances at Hajime before nodding happily. "Well did you tell him thank you, I bet he would appreciate that" and with those words everything stopped. Tōru's eyes widened and his smile dropped.

As Hajime hears a sniffle he immediately looks at his regressor to see tears starting form in his eyes and he immediately turns away from the two adults. That's when a sob escapes the younger another one soon after. Hajime's heart just about breaks "Oh honey...it's okay.." as if he didn't hear the olders words Tōru continues to sob. So Hajime just pulls him into a hug and Tōru holds onto him tight shoving his face into his chest."Bubba it's okay, no one's mad at you" Tōru just shakes his head and continue to let out choked sobs "..Alright, just let it out sugarcane"

Haru stares at the age regressor just about mortified he slowly looks at his brother a feeling of sadness pooling inside him. "W-What did I do wrong, I-I thought he was happy" Kai gives his younger brother a sad smile "He doesn't speak when he's six so you asked if he said thank you and.." Haru's lips part as he looks at his nephew "oh..I'm such a shity person" Kai shakes his head "no no you didn't know I should have told you earlier but I didn't know he was six"