//💜rottmnt!Donnie x Reader (Part 1)💜//

N/n = nickname
f/c = favorite color
f/ca = favorite candy
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
3rd Person P.O.V~

You were on your way to Donnie's lab around the same time you always came over to the lair. You were specifically going Donnie's lab since he invited you. Even though he hasn't explicitly said as much, he adored your company. Whether you were there to be the second to see his latest inventions, the first being him of course, or to assist him in the making of said inventions.

He loved having you around.

You dropped in the lair, skipping the last few steps of the ladder as you always did.

"Hey Y/n!" "Yo N/n!" Both Raph and Mikey greeted you, Raph was lifting weights while Mikey was at the top of the half-pipe.

"Hey gu-" You were interrupted by Donnie coming out from the direction of his bedroom and grabbing your hand, leading you back where he came from. He closed the door behind him and looked at you. Still holding Donnie's hand, you decided to tease him about it.

"Did you invite me over just to hold my hand?... Not that I mind that." Donnie looked down at your hands, then back up at you. You walk over to Donnie's bed and let go of Donnie's hand to take off your backpack.

"Actually, my prepossessing lab partner, I simply wished to 'hang out'." He said. You unpack everything you brought with you, including Donnie's favorite candy, (I'm just gonna make something up right here, I legit looked up what his fav candy/food is and nothing showed up) -cherry licorice. (cherry shoelace licorice is my fav candy :])

Donnie's face lit up at the sight of his favorite treat. He took a step forward and looked over your shoulder/around your arm to take a closer look at what you brought. What caught his eye next was the f/c nail polish.

"You remembered my favorite candy?" Donnie asked, his voice hinting at the fact that he was surprised you even remembered.

"Of course, I remember everything you've told me about yourself." You said, looking at him, only now noticing how close you were. You looked down/up at him. If you didn't know better you would say for a split second he glanced at your lips, before backing up.

"You are a good listener, that's what I like about you." He sort of mumbled that last part, but you heard him loud and clear.

"And that's one of the many things I like about you, D." You had just finished setting things up.

You pressed play on your music playlist, filled with all the songs you've recommended to Donnie but he's never listened to, simply because he forgot to.

You waved him over and sat down. He did the same, not taking his eyes off of you as you open the f/c nail polish after shaking it up. You set it down on his night stand.

You glance up him and hold out your hand, Donnie gets the message and rests his hand on yours. You begin to concentrate on his nails. Bopping your head to the music, you start to paint his nails with a pleasent shade of f/c.

"W-want to hear about my latest invention I just finished the prototype for?" That was the first time you've ever heard him stutter. Ever. Though you were intrigued.

"Do tell, is it the drill?" You asked, glancing up at him.

"Nope, that's still in beta, it's a neuro-wave projector, which only functions when the subject is asleep-" With that, he entered rant mode. Somewhere in there you put the pieces together and figured out, it's a thing that can show dreams in real time, real interesting stuff.

Donnie's P.O.V~

-------------------------------------

"-nightmares, sleep-hallucinations and more in real time-" I was telling Y/n about my latest innovation. Unlike my lesser intelligent bretheren, Y/n actually listens and pays attention when I inform them about anything really. I've taken notice of how at times, they would pause painting my nails to look up at me, I suppose to show they were listening.