//💜A Moment In Time💜//

A/N: Fanart isn't mine, btw sry I don't know why the quality is so bad LOL

Donnie x Reader~
.
.
.
.
.
.
3rd Person P.o.v~

It was a wednesday, and you were on Summer break. You had "convinced" Donnie to go to the park with you in the more closed off part of the place. At first he acted as if he didn't want to go, even though had he not pretended to seem uninterested, he would've jumped at the opportunity to spend time alone with you.

~Small lil flashback~

"I have a lot to do in terms of finishing this, I have to finish it today." He said, facing his desk chair towards you.

"Are you sure? It's really nice out, and I made food. You should take a break." You said as you stood in front of Donnie.

He had on a disinterested face, not wanting to seem "desperate", in his words. He still wanted to maintain his "emotionally unavailable bad boy" image. He paused the podcast he was listening to.

"Well I hear it's going to rain." He said.

"I always bring umbrellas just in case." You replied, adjusting your grip on the picnic basket you were holding behind your back.

"What about the food?" He asked.

"We'll most likely finish it all by the time it starts raining. I only made food for two." You said. He had a slight look of realization.

"Did you plan on going with just me?" He asked you, with a hint of surprise in his voice.

"Well yeah, but if you do not wish to go with me, I'll just go ask Leo." You shrugged.

The thought of Leo getting to spend time alone with you instead of him instantly made him drop the whole "hard to get" facade. Especially with how jokingly flirty he gets with you sometimes.

Donnie at times is a huge observationist. So he's noticed how you've never gotten flustered or even blushed that much at his corny one-liners. He has however, noticed a few times when blush would made its way onto your face around him. And how it's the same around him.

But in his mind, based on the context, that could be completly platonic, in regards to how you act around him. Sure there are times when you'd tease him, but that could still be 100% platonic, so he hasn't brought himself to ask you out yet.

You turned around to leave. But suddenly felt a gentle metallic grip on your wrist, making you stop in your tracks. You looked back and your eyes met with his. He had kept the same neutral expression.

"Fine, I'll go. He said reluctantly." He said, crossing his arms. Even though he had a reluctant tone, as he clearly stated. He truely did want to go. He glanced at his tech hand that was holding yours, before quickly retracting it and looking away. You turned your body to face Donnie.

"You don't have to go if you don't want to, I'm sure you're busy and stuff. And I could take April, or one of your brothers." You said.

"No...I want to go." He said, uncrossing his arms. A playful smirk could be seen on your features.

"You know, if you dislike the idea of me being alone with Leo instead of you that much, you could've just said so..." He looked up at you, while raising a brow. "-not that you need to." You finished.

"Just- whatever, let's go." He said, groaning mid-sentence.

~End of flashback~

Now here you are, sitting across from each other on a soft cotton blanket under a big beach umbrella you brought for shade. The summer breeze gently caressed your skin as you sat criss-cross with a homemade raspberry ice tea in your hand.