Part 5

In the attic, Jones was hiding from his darkest past, he was holding his longtime heirloom astrolabe with him, he opens the lid, flips the plate, and presses the cog gear, he points at the attic trapdoor, emits the astral projection beam on it, turning it into an astral passageway, he walks to the attic trapdoor, opens it, and hops inside, leaving open as he returns to his former base. Unbeknownst to him, unaware that someone else was following him to his secret hideout, across the attic, Annabelle has successfully come inside and saw Jones creates an astral portal to his lair, she levitates in the air, flies to the attic trapdoor, and enters it immediately. Returning to his lair to recall his past investigation as Red Masque, Jones arrives at his astral base as he was climbing down the ladder and lands on the floor, he was in another attic next to the trapdoor, walks to the trapdoor, opens it, and hops down to the hallway. He marches through the hallway, across each of the rooms, heads downstairs, walks down, and went to the living room, he was in the living room, walks to the fireplace, reaches his hand to the fireplace, and presses one of the bricks, posing as a secret passage, and the fireplace moves to the left to open itself, revealing a secret room, he walks and gets inside the room just as the door was about to shut slowly, the secret passage begins to close down but Annabelle shows up, grabs the wall, and stops, preventing it from closing itself, Applejack Smith also shows up and was impressed that Annabelle is now serving her as her master.

"Good job, I hope that vigilante was still in here," smirked Applejack Smith, Annabelle pushes the wall wide, breaking it out of the wall, she and Applejack walk to the secret room and begin to track Jones down.

Arriving at the secret room, Jones was marching through the secret corridor-like tunnel with all of the torches handing behind the walls, he reaches the secret door, grabs the knob, twists it, and opens it, he walks into the room and closes the door, locking it and hoping that someone might follow him. He was in the secret room, revealing a detective room, there was a file cabinet containing several case files of the previous investigations when he was once Red Masque next to his wooden desk with many items on it. A newspapers articles about how he fought crimes and forces of evil while solving murders and mysteries was lying on the desk, a lampshade stands on the upper right side of the desk beside the telephone, a desk file organizer on the upper left side, a magnifying glass was laying on the lower right side far from a red mask and a pencil holder. A trash bin beside the desk and the room was filled with pictures, newspapers, and history, including several detective boards with much evidence and pictures of suspects, victims, and killers as well as images of many locations where he has been doing his investigations and crime-fighting many years ever since as Red Masque until his children were born from their different mothers, Ryan's biological pirate mother, and Scott and Rachel's widowed mother, he was still trying to solve the latest case he has been working on and his memory recovers after few years when he was still a police detective.

Jones went to his desk, sits on his chair, and sighs in despair, he places his hands on the sides of his head and rolls his eyes, he tried everything to remember the incident that day when he was investigating the disappearance of Applejack Smith's previous victims who have been brainwashed and went missing before he came to discover. Once there, he met a familiar woman baking some gingerbread cookies for her customers to feed and earn money. Before coming across the log cabin that the familiar woman occupied, Jones and his dragon companion Glow have been wandering through the wood while searching for missing people until they enter the log cabin in the first place. When they were inside the familiar woman, Jones and Glow are fascinated with all of the delicious, perfect, yummy irresistible food that the woman has been cooking. After they were in the log cabin to stay during the storm, Jones and Glow decide to get something to eat from the woman's food, one by one, they are stuffed and full, and their eyes glow green as they were brainwashed by the familiar woman, but the little dragon was immune to brainwashing spell and Jones wasn't since his mind was manipulated by the effect of the food. Glow tries to snap his companion out of his mind but to no avail as he has eaten some food and he was too late to prevent him from being brainwashed.