CHAPTER 2: BEDSIDE

*Two days later*

Uraraka

I never liked hospitals. Too colorless and quiet. Bleh.

"Class 1-A," the counter nurse called to all of us in the waiting room. "Your classmates have been cleared for visitors. They all are on a strict recovery floor, so no more than 5 visitors in a room at a time."

She slid the brief floor instructions to us.

"Thank you, ma'am." Ida bowed. "Let's go everyone."

When we all filed into the elevator, we discussed how we would split up our groups and rotate visiting the boys. With a handful of people calling to see Deku first, I had to see him second. So, Ida, Tsu, Kyoka, and I grouped up to see Bakugo first.

As we walked toward his room, my heart started beating harder. My stomach dropped with the realization that I was about to see someone I care about in a bad shape. I didn't like it at all.

I wanted to see Deku first because he's one of my closest friends. I admired him, cared for him, knew he would always be my ally and have each other's backs. The thought of losing him scared me. Sent chills up my spine and made me sick to my stomach...

But the thought of losing Bakugo...

That made my heart stop.

Which is ridiculous! Because it's not like we're together or anything! We don't share that deep of a connection, or even have much of a close friendship! So, I shouldn't be feeling so freaked out about this, right? I should be more concerned about Deku! I know him so much more than Bakugo!

... so why does it feel...?

Ida slid the door open to the hospital room and everyone walked in.

My breath caught, my legs feeling shaky.

You're fine.

It's not the first time you've seen Bakugo injured.

But he's never been this bad...

At first, all I saw was Ida's back, until he finally moved around the hospital bed.

...

There he was.

Bakugo.

...

"Wow..." Kyoka said, "He's so..."

"Quiet." Tsu finished.

His face was relaxed in his slumber, with scratches on his skin. His hair looked clean though.

"Yeah." Kyoka nodded.

"And to think he was still screaming the moment before passing out." Ida looked at his bedside machines.

Tsu hovered over him for a moment, "He doesn't look that bad."

I studied his form through the blankets, trying to see the medical differences. Compression wraps covered his body under his hospital gown. A clear sign of a patient getting out of surgery.

"He was in the worst critical condition." Ida sighed. "He even fought with those stab wounds. I hope that didn't make him worse."

Tsu shook her head. "I'm still surprised he got stabbed in the first place. He's always been so on guard with his reflexes."

"Everyone was battered when I arrived." Ida explained, "Shigaraki looked like a spider with black metal-bladed legs. It was difficult for me to dodge those attacks."